Winter work gloves

I use the Atlas thermals as well, they're the best I've found, and they are cheaper on treestuff than the other ones I've tried that came from flea markets

Ninja ice do the trick for me, but I'm only dealing with frost not ice and snow!

Atlas therma, If its really cold I use a thin polypro liner under them and the next size bigger.

This sounds like a good idea...I use Atlas Thermals, too...but sometimes that is not enough.

What is this polypro liner you speaketh of?

Get the smartwool liners. They're insulation value is way higher than plastic and they do a good job of managing moisture.

I always kept a few pair with me. I had marmot and Patagonia brand poly liners, then a wood pair. As one got damp, I'd swap to another.

I found when I finally got the wool ones, I swapped them out wayyyy less.

love
nick

Jay.... not where I buy them but this is them

http://www.basspro.com/HeatMax-HotHands-Self-Activating-Hand-Warmers/product/10202252/

Can get them pretty cheap by the dozen and last an 8 hour day. I couldn't work without them when it turns bitter out I place mine inside our "Mickey Mouse Hands" but outside of the liner. To hot to be directly against skin. I also have some battery operated toe warmers, Im a complete wuss when it comes to being cold.

Atlas Fit Thermal for me. I buy them by the dozens. Either through Palmflex or WesSpur might have them. They have the blue I know.
1849.jpg

https://www.palmflex.com/atlas-therma-fit-300-i-451-gloves-dozen.html

Thanks, Paul. I've used those heat pads, but only with minimal success. Stuck in a glove on the back of my hand, they don't seem to get much heat transfer down into my fingers, and in the palm area, they get all wadded up useless. I must have poor circulation in my hands, my fingers tend to really suffer, end up looking around for hot exhaust coming out of somewhere.

We were talking about gloves recently, can’t find it but these have been my favourite for a few years now.

I have quite soft hands so like the protection that leather offers, but these have feel as well, plus fastens around the wrist, 15 quid but can get wet and dry out a few times. Not too hot. image.jpg image.jpg

I found a glove like that Mick. I like it pretty well. I find almost all my gloves for work aside from treework. I almost never have matched gloves at work. Seems like I always find lefts. Dunno how that happens. I'd expect more rights from people taking them off to use their fingers.

Two exceptions were some mechanic style faux leather gloves I loved, and some gauntlet style thinsulate and goatskin gloves. Neither are applicable for tree work, but they fit great, especially the mech gloves which should really be thrown out at this point, but I like them too much. XXL, and they fit right. I don't know what the Chinese problem is with glove sizes, but they have a really warped perspective of a big human hand. They usually look like catchers mitts, where they make them wider, but not longer :^S

Back