What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
gusting up in the 40s i would guess right now, and full on downpour. yesterday was pretty mellow, but fri morning i was glad i had a saw in my truck as i had to cut my way past a downed oak to get to work.

fri was a tipped over ash in a residential front yard. not very big but it was hung up in a privet with no other trees in the area, no way to climb it. ended up face cutting the privet perpendicular to the lean and pulling them sideways onto the lawn as one. worked out well. monday should be interesting.

I am not in the phone book, so I don't get as many as some other companies hit a house. I do get referrals and on line sought calls. Thing is, up here, most people have the resource or a neighbor with resource to cut them out of driveways or tarp houses effected. Most the work starts after the storm.. Not a bad thing. I rarely have to go out in one to help people.

Know what I really look forward to? Checking on my customers trees I have pruned. Sometimes the difference is amazing. A client may get some light breakage while their neighbors trees look like a bomb went off. Love seeing if my work has helped aiding in preserving a tree or property.

No such storm here.
The cold is coming for real and this evening, the dog's water bowl got some ice. It'll become hard for the fingers very soon. I hate that.

Lordy! We are having a RAIN EVENT!!!

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

23kfbjr.jpg

We are supposed to be getting a snow event tomorrow evening and Friday, if Dave McNeil doesn't keep it all to himself out in Montana.

Were you folks real dry this summer in Loosianna? They could use the rain a little higher up the Mississippi it sounds like, at least for the barges.

SDC10765.jpg SDC10672.jpg

Weather is good here in southern Mexico at the moment, had a little rain showers yesterday but back into sunshine today.........beer and margaritias are good too BTW.:)

I think these two systems are fighting over North Dakota!! Kind of hope the one from the west wins. I don't think it has as much moisture in it.

usa.gif

We only got a couple inches of snow... Now the temp is going below 20F over the next couple of days. Just enough white shat to make it good and slickery. Had to come home early to get back up the grade to our road.

Back