What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Still HOT. 112* the last 2 days. 113* today. Plus a drought. Plus low humidity today. Guess what... yup, several wildfires going on all over the state.

Nothing on fire close to me but can you imagine fighting fire in this heat geared up in firefighter gear. It's cooled off a little, it's only 109* right now.

You can be a little less unhappy with me now, Dennis. Saturday it was 101, Sunday 96. Today will be better, down to 88 forcast...still hot by local standards.

Not unhappy with you... more like jealous.

100* now. Next few days forecast... 104*, 101*, 104*, 101*.

Drove a short bus trip Saturday morning. Another bus driver asked me to come look at a tree in his back yard that he wants trimmed. I told him in this heat, the estimate for a couple hours trimming is $3,000.00

He said, let's wait until it's cooler. :)

Bo's Hot

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OlWHKP5-CFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

It's been blowing a gale here for two days and nights, should die out tomorrow.

Lots of damage but not one call, the SES/State Emergency Service do most of it now.:(

Until then it's been a mild winter, shorts & tshirt except for a few cold mornings but August is the windy month.

After a dry spell the month of July we so far this month have had over 3 inchs of rain .As such the farm crops are looking a lot better and the grass has grown .

Fact yesterday I mowed the two acre field out front as the grass was overtaking the weeds which do good regardless of rain or not .

Back