What was the thread about the tree swing incident?

Mick!

TreeHouser
I can’t remember who it was, but someone was getting sued for a tree swing which somehow contributed to a woman breaking her back.
What was the upshot of it?

Tia.
Mick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ll never forget it, I turn down anything that can be considered a ‘product’ ever since.

Guy on Arbtalk was asking about swings, that’s what set me off.

I won my day in court... but it took 18 months and 30k cash of side jobs to do it.

High level classes in the school of life.
Amazing life lessons available. Inquire within.
Amazing that “winning” can be so costly! If frivolous lawsuits had to be funded by the people pushing them, they’d become scarce methinks.

You can sue for anything. Success is a whole different matter, and you get to spend even more fun time in court, and pay for some more vacations for your lawyer. Your best chance of success would counter suing a frivolous claim, but I don't think OP's case is that clearcut. I mean *I* consider it frivolous, but I don't think the courts or public in general would.

It takes money to feed a lawyer..

I also learned to ask for serenity for the shit I can't change in life...
I was blessed w a lawsuit... so many other people catch crippling health issues or awful ex wives.
My buddy has been drained of over 100k in lawyer fees with his ex-wife for custody shit.... for the last 15 years...

I am lucky to be lucky.

Remember that movie when The fantastic Mr Fox just wanted to get out alive with his tail back in hand?

Thats why I didn’t think about seeking lost attorney fees.
In the end.... the woman that broke her back never received anything.
The favor was for the homeowner and big business insurance 5 million dollar umbrella policy doesn’t lose.
She saw the swing and evaluated it fit to trust and ride.... only to fall off based on her judgement alone...
not to mention no standard on private swings on private property... as opposed to commercial swing on public property.

woo saw baby.
Grant me the serenity to deal with all these mother fuckers.
anyhoo... back to prime time amazon boxed juices and streaming movies.

Back