Uses for a Loopie?

bstewert

TreeHouser
Here's a little 27" loopie Jesse spliced up for me at the GTG. I'm using it all the time for various things.

What are some other uses?

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

For hanging polesaws or gear in a tree to free up your hands, I'd just use a loop runner. I always have a couple on the back of my saddle. The Loopie would be for more size-specific jobs like hanging a block.

rigging, easier to adjust quickly than an eye sling or whoopie whilst in-tree ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, whipping. I just put the tape over the end to help me recognize the end.

Interesting. Different, but I guess it works. As long as it's done with a GOOD whipping, I don't see how it'd function any different and it's a little more elegant, too.

Cool.

Tying your lady to the bed head.:/:

Or wrists behind her back with the other end cinched around her stiletto heels:D

I like rope.

It'd be very easy. I sized it all out already! It's a set of four 4' whoopie slings. The adjustable eye is what goes over the legs or bed posts of the bed, then there'd be a non adjustable approx 6" eye on the other end. You can either slip the hands/feet through it if you want the...uhh...."layer" to be able to get out if they need...or you girth hitch the hands in for those that are into a more "committed" approach.

It really wouldn't cost that much. I can't remember who it was- but it was someone years ago back in the arboristsite days that was joking around about it.

It's ready to be ordered. Maybe I should put them up on ebay and see what happens!

love
nick

Actually I was envisioning it with a 1/2" NER Regatta Braid. Nice and soft on the hands with a little bit of fuzzyness to it...

NewEnglandRopes-RegattaBraid-NER12Regatta.jpg

This rope wouldn't make a great whoopie sling- but it'd feel better and is more bedroom appropriate than say a standard yalex or tenex. They look too industrial I think.

Any takers?

Hmmm, All the bondage types would be flocking to your site and we'd never get an arborist-related splice out of you again...
You could sell a set of four for what? $39.99 plus S&H, all the way up to $99.99 shipping included for the glow-in-the-dark variety,
...and they'd fly off the shelf, no?

I'd have to sell them for more than that. At $40, that's $10 per whoopie!!! It would take about 8' of rope to make each one, so that's about $20 dollars in rope total- so I'm thinking about $60 or $80 for a set. Anyone wanna hop on the sex sites and see what similar stuff might be going for?!

I was thinking that the dyneema (amsteel, maxibraid, etc) would have a neat feel to it. That slick rope would be good and WAY easier to adjust than regatta braid. It would get expensive, though...

Back