Twisting spurs with Opsal pads

Excellent.
Now you really are a regular.

Read up on the history of your viennoiserie and you'll see that they ended up in the US by way of Denmark.
That is why the stuff is known as a Danish.
Quoite an interesting story, starting with a baker's strike in Denmark..
If you can't find anything about it, let me know and I'll get it for you.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll look, I'm interested now... I love trivia! Mange tak!

Cool background, MarkM. Your farm story is VERY like mine. Our family share of the original 500 acre farm is about 90 acres. I am slated to inherit it one day. I manage it now....the old homeplace where my mother was raised...and where as a wee lad...I would visit and learn about being a farmer and country boy...and a 180 year old cabin we moved onto the farm in the 90's.

My cousin who lives the next dirt road over and I just restored by grandfather's 1953 Case tractor. And we have a 4WD smallish Kubota we dink around with...when I am not getting it stuck in the mud moving burning pine logs (that was almost a disaster), it does yeoman duty as far as we can push it. We try to keep up with the ponds, swamps, gators, beavers, rattlers and moccasins best we can. My grandkids are learning to love "The Farm"...they are asking me now to take them down for a week or two this summer. BAD hot there but they don't care.

You drifted into treework like I did...I can ID with your story.

This is my cousin's cell phone video of bringing the Case home. I am pretty sure this is the tractor my dad used to give me rides on when we visited the Farm way back:

Attachments

• Case tractor  (1).jpg
    Case tractor (1).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Case tractor  (2).jpg
    Case tractor (2).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Case tractor  (3).jpg
    Case tractor (3).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Case tractor  (4).jpg
    Case tractor (4).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 4
Vermont/ upstate NY? Beautiful place!
Central Mass, if you can believe it. Near the CT/RI border. What they call the Last Green Valley.
Satellite-image-with-northeast-region.jpg

Cool background, MarkM. Your farm story is VERY like mine. Our family share of the original 500 acre farm is about 90 acres. I am slated to inherit it one day. I manage it now....the old homeplace where my mother was raised...and where as a wee lad...I would visit and learn about being a farmer and country boy...and a 180 year old cabin we moved onto the farm in the 90's.

My cousin who lives the next dirt road over and I just restored by grandfather's 1953 Case tractor. And we have a 4WD smallish Kubota we dink around with...when I am not getting it stuck in the mud moving burning pine logs (that was almost a disaster), it does yeoman duty as far as we can push it. We try to keep up with the ponds, swamps, gators, beavers, rattlers and moccasins best we can. My grandkids are learning to love "The Farm"...they are asking me now to take them down for a week or two this summer. BAD hot there but they don't care.

You drifted into treework like I did...I can ID with your story.

This is my cousin's cell phone video of bringing the Case home. I am pretty sure this is the tractor my dad used to give me rides on when we visited the Farm way back:

Awesome, Gary. Believe or not, we also have an un-restored older brother to that VA, a Case SC from around the same time. It needs a LOT of help though. Doesn't run, all the sheet metal's there though, and most of it needs paint. Motor needs an overhaul though. And the rims are totally shot from the calcium chloride setting in there for 60 some odd years.

Our 40 hp utility tractor is a Korean, but has served us real well. Has beet juice in the rear tires, and with 4wd, and R1 rubber all around, it's hard to get stuck. And there's always the "magic unstucker lever" as I call it (diff lock). There was at least one time I can remember though i had to back myself out of a sticky situation by digging in the loader bucket and curling it up.

Back