Tree Service Coupons

lxskllr

Treehouser
Anyone here advertise with coupons? I get an envelope in the mail every week filled with coupons from local businesses. Not something I really use, but I usually flip through them quick. One example for a tree service is 25% off any tree service, but the coupon has to be presented at the time of the estimate(typical of all the companies). I'm thinking they just bump the estimate by 25%, then take it off with the coupon. Sound about right? :^D

Way back when I use to do 10% with the flyer but I have not offered any type of coupon in years. I felt it was more of a PITA than it was worth.

You price the jobs fair to begin with then take 10%, not a real money maker then you are pigeon holed with word of mouth. Or be shady about it and over charge by 10% again not worth it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't like using coupons for local businesses. I typically already know about them, and if I'm gonna use them, I'll use them, and not try to nickle/dime them when I'm already on board. Just strikes me as a little lame. About the only coupons I use are McDonalds. I stick them in the truck, and I may or may not get around to using them, but McDonalds isn't my neighbor, and getting a bit of money back isn't gonna affect their bottom line much.

Back