Tree felling vids

The venn diagram of people who actually know stuff and people who make youtube videos has very little overlap.
I hear that a Lot, but I don’t see the people who Actually Know showing or telling what the wannabes are posting that’s wrong or what’s right…people bag on YT and everything else, say how dangerous it is, but don’t provide any alternatives.

I try to vet what I post by using info from trusted sources (hopefully more of a bibliography than plagiarism 😆), or by having tested it. Or at least say, “hey this is just an experiment” …which is about to happen a lot for next few hours. 😁

The alternative is to go learn it the old school way, and by books and other material written by true experts on a subject, and who's work history can easily confirm their expertise. I'm not saying there's nothing worthwhile on it, or that the people making videos are completely dumb, but the fact that anyone can make a video and claim to be an expert makes it ripe with misinformation, motives varying with the content. Take welding for example (because i know the difference with that subject), out of all the welding videos there's only a handful of guys that have a clue of what they're doing, but there's a ton of videos by people who do it for fun or at a low skill level job. There's some amazing stuff out there, but most of it is pure trash. The reality is that people who are truly experts at something rarely feel the need to share that info in that manner, for them it's their day to day life and they know no video they make will even make sense because the people watching don't have the underlying knowledge to build off of, it's like trying to teach 1st graders quantum physics. I've had dozens of apprentices who i was training say i should make yt videos because my smartass comments to them contain more info than anything they've seen online, i of course laugh and then have to explain that's the difference between yt and real life.

I didn’t understand why he kept saying it was rotten and needed to come down but then he milled it….

I should have included my intention for posting was to show the handiness of a Telehandler. I’ve used them a lot. I think the hurricane areas could use a fleet of them. They are not as robust as an excavator so you need a good operator but they can travel well on and off road.

Back