Things I wish I knew:

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
Why is the floor drain always the highest point of any garage/basement?

Why is there always a spoon in the sink perfectly positioned to deflect water right in my face?

Why does the microwave keep beeping after I open the door? It knows I opened the door. And I know it knows I opened the door.

Dave,
The sump pump pit is always 2” higher than surrounding area. Every customer with a flooded basement used to think that the floor pitched back to the pit. That are dumbfounded when they find out that none actually are!

Speaking of Slovak, what is the Slovak swear that translates to “go back to the pussey” often used as son of a bitch?

Last edited:
As a firefighter, we have at least one training session a year on forceable entry or extrication where the ol' halligan comes into play. The funniest reference to it was on a call we got where a Tesla ended up going flying into a terraced backyard. The towing company that showed up with 2 trucks to retrieve it after we disabled the batteries and secured the occupants had the one old time driver yell over to us as their big rig was winching it out "Hey guys, any of you got one of them Hooligan bars I can use?" The group of us watching all got a chuckle out of it.

1645019994162.png

I'm not particularly skilled. I can get by if I have a decent vehicle(NOT a 70s land yacht!), but I do alright. Don't get much snow around here anymore, and road clearing has gotten exponentially better since I started driving. My Vdubs always did great in the snow though. Fantastic car. I'd pay good money to get a brand new Vdub today.

If I saw that driving into work or something, there's a good chance I'd stop for money, and take it home with me :^)

Back