The Tree ID Thread

Anyone know what this shrub is? It appears to be evergreen, and the berries are bigger now and turning black. Pics were taken a couple months ago.

IMG_20230915_162625050.jpg IMG_20230915_162619909.jpg

Thanks! Looks like I should cut it out. I wasn't really familiar with privet, though I know the name. I have some other shrub in the backyard I thought /might/ be privet, but apparently not. It started, looked like it might get interesting looking, but never really did. It's non offensive, so I left it.

I downloaded the pictures into the Picture This app and it came up with Japanese privet/ligustrom. I know Brett already gave the correct answer but it’s fun to play with the app and test its accuracy. I think Cory spoke highly of it several months ago.

Yep, Cedrus atlantica var. glauca.
That is the only one we have here, so I didn't think to mention it.

It's been 6 months, but the Tree ID thread is BACK in your feeds!

Whoever correctly identifies this tree gets an imaginary gold star and I'll even allow you to pat yourself on the back! (I really know how to incentivize! *sarcasm*)

Thank you in advance to anyone with the cognitive fortitude to correctly ID this weirdo conifer. I mean, I'm guessing it's a conifer. It looks like it needs some serious pruning. But it sorta looks like a giant saguaro cactus, which is kind of cool...I guess lol It's in theme for Arizona.

Weird Tree.jpg

Back