The journey begins!

TINYHULK

Treehouser
So the journey has begun tree fam! Figured I would update all of you on life since I haven’t been around much. Been dealing with a lot of mental health and financial challenges. I met with one of my pastors last Sunday and I’m doing better mentally and spiritually. After next week I’ll be back to normal financially. Work has been a lot with different things we have been implementing and working on in the beginning of the year. Been having physical issues in my neck from an excavator accident and shoulder issues from RSI. Nevertheless my love and passion for this work keeps me persevering. Today I received the first book in my journey to sitting for my ISA cert hopefully this summer. Any advice on the cert, other materials, continuing education, or other additional certs after this one would be greatly appreciated. God bless all of you!

Attachments

• 4D6A2781-95B0-42A2-A504-3C4A782D6FE2.jpeg
    4D6A2781-95B0-42A2-A504-3C4A782D6FE2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 4A538EBD-FDDF-4F34-8EBF-90B629362799.jpeg
    4A538EBD-FDDF-4F34-8EBF-90B629362799.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Wish you success in your journey and may you overcome the physical challenges. Best to you.

Glad things are looking up! What do you think of the book? "No problem", "This is kinda tough", "WTF did I get myself into?!" ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad things are looking up! What do you think of the book? "No problem", "This is kinda tough", "WTF did I get myself into?!" ?
So far I’m appreciating the pretty pictures lol. Not in a big “wtf” state yet. My first reputable certification was becoming a personal trainer and that had a big WTF moment. I expected the same here. A focus completely different than I first thought it would begin with. When this is the first page of key terms just in chapter one, someone can definitely go WTF lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
I got my EHAP certification, thats enough for me for now, just looked into the requirements for ISA and its insane
175 questions on my EHAP test, I imagine its similar for ISA just different terms, study up and it should go easy
let me know how it goes, I might go for it in a few years

Another one I have zero knowledge about but am interested in is the TRAC

And never let the confidence of gaining the knowledge through certification kill you with poor judgement.
Would that wisdom be more in reference to climbing or more arborist assessments of the trees? I’m also studying to get my CDL this year and a potential goal of mine is to buy a used bucket truck with the rear mount bucket and tool box storage going down the sides to purchase all of the equipment to start doing injections, air knifing and such things I haven’t learned much about yet lol

All the above and especially EHAP.
I didnt get my EHAP certification to work within MAD, got it more to see what I was missing
plus it was free, and made me get my CPR certification
but yeah, dont get a certification and assume you know what you are doing, especially without training under someone else for a while

I didnt get my EHAP certification to work within MAD, got it more to see what I was missing
plus it was free, and made me get my CPR certification
but yeah, dont get a certification and assume you know what you are doing, especially without training under someone else for a while
I learned that the hard way with personal training. Worked out myself for years. Gained 30lbs of lean muscle, got my cpt, realized how much I didn’t know and how many other health and physical factors come in for someone that isn’t in good shape already. Needless to say, I was already learning about climbing trees and loved that more than anything else I’ve done lol

one word of advice (or many, depends how many questions I have an answer to)

job briefings, even if working solo, write down the job address, emergency numbers, customers number, nearest hospital or landmark for an ambulance, gate codes, anything that you need really fast when you need it, like a fire extinguisher in a way, keep it on the dashboard of your work truck
id suggest also writing down the expected weather, and PPE, I have a job briefing form my EHAP trainer gave me if you would like me to PM it to you, it has all of this stuff on it ready to go
writing down all this is a great reminder even if its just you on a job, gets you thinking safety before even starting on the job

one word of advice (or many, depends how many questions I have an answer to)

job briefings, even if working solo, write down the job address, emergency numbers, customers number, nearest hospital or landmark for an ambulance, gate codes, anything that you need really fast when you need it, like a fire extinguisher in a way, keep it on the dashboard of your work truck
id suggest also writing down the expected weather, and PPE, I have a job briefing form my EHAP trainer gave me if you would like me to PM it to you, it has all of this stuff on it ready to go
writing down all this is a great reminder even if its just you on a job, gets you thinking safety before even starting on the job
That would be fantastic! My boss and I were just talking about creating some forms entailing equipment needs, safety checks, critical information like you mentioned. I got the idea from watching Seattle tree care’s YouTube videos. Anything like that to get is started would be amazing

That would be fantastic! My boss and I were just talking about creating some forms entailing equipment needs, safety checks, critical information like you mentioned. I got the idea from watching Seattle tree care’s YouTube videos. Anything like that to get is started would be amazing
PM sent

it has a LOT of important stuff on it, I kept looking around for one and never found a good one, my ehap trainer sent this out to everyone taking the course custom made for tree work

Sweet! It definitely has some good lists to get me started. You can definitely tell it’s focused towards like clearance guys

Back