Stumps Grinding Buying

tree124

Treehouser
Any Idea which Guys which Stump grinder Has More Power To Grind stump Over 5 Foot diameter
Im Doing some Research I not sure what to Buy some Guys are Telling RAYCO RG 74 Diesel Is Good some of My friends Not Thrush that because They say has some Electric Problems so I not To sure what to do at the moment i have Old RG 50
any tips ?

Attachments

• rayco.jpg
    rayco.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice Machine I have a Old Vermeer sc60tx I Dont Like Track machine we make To many marks on The lawns what Do You think about than ?

Rg 50 is a fantastic machine but way too small for a steady diet of 5 foot stumps. Buy one of murphy's three rg 100s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Go It men Is hart To find one used a friend the My has a RG 100 im Looking for same machine But i cant find one please share whit me if any one see one Like this Resized_20200509_190255_10110825791612.jpg

Rg 50 is a fantastic machine but way too small for a steady diet of 5 foot stumps. Buy one of murphy's three rg 100s
I’d like to buy Murphy’s o84 saw but I guess he’s not in a hurry to sell ... Been waiting on pics for 2weeks already 🍉

Ive got a Carlton hurricane with a 140hp John Deere , beast of a machine and will knock out a 5' stump in less than 1/2 hour. Tow behind though.

If I had sold my business one of the ideas I wanted to pursue was an addition to a pickup to use the trucks motor to power a grinder which would be onboard.....

I'd rather spend money on a machine that can maneuver tight spaces, and has a blade on it. I wish the vermeer 60tx had a blade to push or pull grindings. Really what everything these days needs is to be overbuilt, and with extra power, but too many things these days are either under powered or under built. The 60tx I've used always seems like it needs 100hp instead of 60hp. It does well on 60hp, but it will really slow down when it gets deep in a stump. Kinda like a chainsaw: 2511t really takes it's time struggling through wood 10" and larger, but with sufficient mods, it will blow through big wood with ease making every bit of the standard 12-14" bar useful.

I have the small baby::D
Jo%20Beau%20B13-90%20boomstronkfrees-stobbenfrees-rogneuse%20de%20souches-stumpgrinder-Stubbenfr%C3%A4ze-actie_1.jpeg

Tiny, small power, moved by hand, but it isn't afraid by the big stumps (if you aren't), just be patient. A 5' cedrus stump took me 1.5 days (from digging the dirt around it to put the dirt back in place and grindings removed). But I load it in my van, wonderfull in the tight access, I took this machine through a corridor in an old house and can even climb the stairs ( if wide enought to go sideway).

Last edited:
Checked out the Jo Beau on utube and she moved right along ... Info on price seems hard to come by

That’s actually a decent price for what that unit is capable of. I could see it paying itself off rather quickly and then lining the owners pockets :D

I've always wanted a tiny grinder for those stumps I can't reach with my 652 but then again I like making stumps go away fast. Like yesterday three stumps 1. 3 footer 1. 2 footer 1. foot and a halfer. 39 minutes on site with a 80 yard walk in and out. Did the clean up in 19 minutes with the BMG Scoops and a bagster, the custy is handling the dirt. Maybe one day I'll add a micro stumper.

Did you look into a rotary plane one? I know you have an atom splitter, i think you can just change the attachment and you could do small stumps with your mini.

Did you look into a rotary plane one? I know you have an atom splitter, i think you can just change the attachment and you could do small stumps with your mini.
You need a heavy machine for the rotary plane "grinders" lots and lots of torque. Plus I don't need to grind every stump that comes my way.

Is your atom splitter run on the mini, and doesn't the atom splitter have basically the same requirements as far as torque goes? I've seen ones sized appropriately for minis, and you already have the rotary thing, so you would just need the stump plane part, which you could likely make. I agree on not grinding, i try to not do it at all because I've learned the rentals are not the way to go on stump grinders unless you have a ton of them to do, and even then it's a slow crappy way to make money. I just was thinking if you already had the tool part and just needed the metal plane part you could hit a stump while your guys are raking and make more utilizing the tools you already have.

I do have an auger drive low speed high torque 2400lbs, I think, 40rpm or something like that.
As far as making money with stump grinding it's there. That 58 minutes made some dough. Boring money for sure but real money.

Oh i agree there's tons of money in it, just for me using a underpowered rental there isn't. I almost bought a smaller tow behind, but it didn't have any balls either. I'll get something in time. I bet that auger drive would do a planer just fine. Something like this maybe? Would likely only take you a few hours to weld one up, old chipper knives for the cutter perhaps. I dunno, i just really like the planers lol

Fecon now makes a Stumpex for the compact utility loaders. Only a few terrible pics on their website and I haven't been able to find a video. Quite a few videos of the larger unit on full size skid steer machines. They make some incredibly robust machines.

These little Red Roo grinders are a good small grinder. The guy I bought my first grinder off was a Vermeer dealer, he copied the Rhyscorp one and started making them. Sold it to Red Roo and retired.

The Rhyscorp was actually a copy of the Vermeer 206, just a bit smaller. My mate in Sydney has one.

Bump

So, I got the Toro Mini stump grinder attachment with my Dingo:

Good for stumps up to about 2ft. in diameter, depending on wood toughness. I've done a 3ft. ash stump in about 3.5hrs with it, and knocked out a 3.5 ft white pine stump and roots in about 4hrs. Fits through almost all gates (33" wide).

Last edited:
Back