srt redirect

Ian Flatters

TreeHouser
So i did this video earlier today and thought it might be of interest to you fine fellows.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yLhCq3iCO0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ian

It's a 'biner in an Loop-Sling that has been Toggled with a Slip-Knot then Daisey-Chained.

Essentially, it's a very elaborate Slip-Knot. I've always had trepidation about climbing on any "Slip-Knot" ... no matter how elaborate.

My apologies in advance for this and with all due respect to Mr. Craig Johnson after whom the technique is named:
I ain't climbing a 'johnson'! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a 'biner in an Loop-Sling that has been Toggled with a Slip-Knot then Daisey-Chained.

Essentially, it's a very elaborate Slip-Knot. I've always had trepidation about climbing on any "Slip-Knot" ... no matter how elaborate.

My apologies in advance for this and with all due respect to Mr. Craig Johnson after whom the technique is named:
I ain't climbing a 'johnson'! :lol:

I did ask him 3 times if he was sure he wanted it to be called it...... Its used a lot to back up on double footlocking if you require retrieving the hitch or work unit. It pays to make the first one tight and as long as you do a minimum of 7 you'll be fine. Personally id of called it the CJ.

Hope this is easier to follow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V3_7_nx04EA?list=UUpqYlXvDsM3B8igtSa-saHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you cut a branch and it tangles in the loose end of you rope on the way down, won't you be keeping it company?

If you cut a branch and it tangles in the loose end of you rope on the way down, won't you be keeping it company?

No, your srt line is dependent to this redirect, if you use one line then yes but i use a 3m bit of rope tucked in my strop pouch. The reason why the dDRT one got bad press is because its one line, this is 2 or 3 components to form the redirect.

Hope this explains it a bit better,

Ian

I think I've done that but ditched the webbing sling and just daisy chained the rope straight to the limb and clipped the carabiner to the daisy chain.

Either way, I know this system works and it's one of those "cant use it for everything but it's awesome when you DO use it" sorts of things.

Ian, this will never work in America. Hairy arsed macho tree guys will never fiddle with Craig's Johnson!!

You need to change the name for export, dude. :lol::lol::P

Ian, this will never work in America. Hairy arsed macho tree guys will never fiddle with Craig's Johnson!!

You need to change the name for export, dude. :lol::lol::P

How about the Direct, Inline, Loopie, Directional, Operation. or Dildo for short...... :) It could be called a CJ for short (of which i prefer)

Back