pruner poles

WoodCutr

Treehouser
anyone have experience with the stihl pp900 pruners? do they connect up to standard Jameson poles?

got a line clearance job tomorrow with no good tie ins (rotten and storm damaged) and wanting some poles incase I have to reach for a cut, I can get the stihl pruner kit about 5 minutes from the job, and I already have the jameson poles for my bigshot (4ft base and 4ft mid pole)

no, im not trying to break the 2ft4" MAD either, BUT I have been offered an aluminum HT stihl pole saw already and refused as it is supposed to be raining, and that saw is way too heavy
otherwise its over an hour round trip to vermeer for jameson poles and a saw head, and ive got other stuff going on so id have to do the job another day

marvin poles any good?

im restraining myself before this becomes a 1500 word essay, I could ask questions for literal days about pruner poles
hydraulic polesaw for the bucket is next I fear lol

Last edited:
I have no idea about the Stihl poles but Marvin, Lemco, and Jameson are all solid poles. Jameson core filled for me around wires.

If you have been offered use of a Stihl power pruner then that is the route to take IMO. I assume this is clearing a standard 240v house drop?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stopped at vermeer today, it's 85 ish bucks for a 6ft core filled pole, not terrible

Bought a bigshot trigger to play with, work got canceled today since the homeowner won't let us work in the rain

So why are you clearing power lines? Or is it so you can remove the tree?
helping out a local company with a removal
basically, they dont climb and dont want to touch it because the lines, im the only EHAP certified arborist around here that will touch residental work
Call for a make safe on the power and let the line clearance company do that.
I would, except its near impossible to get through to the power comapny and what ive seen, the tree is below the wires
every tree here ive seen a line company touch gets whacked off just under the wires and left, still well within MAD for any conductive tools

Last edited:
that job got canceled anyways
still looking for input tho, got my bigshot poles, at this point im just looking at insulated poles (unrelated to previously mentioned tree)
more or less for peace of mind, ive brushed lines on accident and got away with it but im not about to try that again, dont want to risk any chance of being in a circuit with anything im cutting that can come close to the lines
is there another brand besides jameson that sells insulated/core filled poles? the jameson poles are fantastic but expensive (even at $85 a pole, seems too high to me)

Back