Pin for Petzl MicroSender

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
Does anyone have an extra quick pin for a MicroSender? I have one with the permanent bolt in and I want to switch it back to the quick on/off version. It appears that you can't buy the pin alone. If anyone has one, please let me know what you would like for it. Thanks.

I bet Luke at treestuff will be able to either get you one or get you a good contact at petzl. I've never seen those for sale alone either.

Adam beat me to it, but just curious, did you try and contact Petzl in the states, to see if they would sell you the pin for the Microcender?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't contact Petzl. I heard they are kind of hard nosed about selling miscellaneous items like that. I guess they don't trust people that they actually have the original Petzl product.

I got the MicroSender (grrrrrr) used on a lanyard and it only had the bolt on it. Maybe if I take a pic to prove to Petzl that I do have a MS without the quick connect pin.

I think you have a macrocender which is different than the microcender.

Macro=bolt
petzl-micrograb-rope-clamp-b53__24976.1305050463.120.120.jpg

micro=spring pin
petzl_microcender_08.jpg

If thats the case I dont think they are going to interchangeable.

A couple people posted a couple of suppliers of some locking pins more than once here. I think there might be some links in one of the ealier rope wrench threads

I think the early model of the micro, may have had the permanent bolt, like on the macro. Supposedly there is a parts list at the Petzl site, but after "click here", I couldn't navigate the place to find any list.

The micro comes with both pins when purchased new.

I agree about using the bolt when the Micro is used as a lanyard adjuster. I personally don't care for rope grabs as adjusters. I was hoping to get the pin so we could use it more as an ascender.

Cool, are those the pins that are used in the Gibbs ascenders?

Back