pfanner protos sunglasses over normal glasses?

WoodCutr

Treehouser
anyone here have experience with the protos sunglasses? im thinking they might solve my issue of not being able to wear sunglasses (I wear glasses), how far forward do they adjust? do they have to sit on your nose or is there a stop allowing them to sit above your nose?

I use them and absolutely love them. They are a little quirky but much nicer than having glasses and losing that full seal on your ear pro. I have a pretty big head (protos barely fits) but there is more than enough adjustments on the glasses. They only pivot on the little plastic clips so they will slide off of your nose as you move your head around but I’ve never had them move enough to lose the protection. The nose piece is adjustable so you can squeeze it a little tight so it pinches your nose if you want it to. It never seems to stay locked on my nose but definitely one of my favorite accessories on my protos (just noticed you can see them on my profile pic :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use them and absolutely love them. They are a little quirky but much nicer than having glasses and losing that full seal on your ear pro. I have a pretty big head (protos barely fits) but there is more than enough adjustments on the glasses. They only pivot on the little plastic clips so they will slide off of your nose as you move your head around but I’ve never had them move enough to lose the protection. The nose piece is adjustable so you can squeeze it a little tight so it pinches your nose if you want it to. It never seems to stay locked on my nose but definitely one of my favorite accessories on my protos (just noticed you can see them on my profile pic :)
Do you think they would clear my glass? If you can get them to sit an inch past your nose then they would fit, would be nice if they didn't have to sit on my nose, but I can 3d print a clip of some sort to lock them in place

They do have a very rounded profile so there may be issues with the corners touching. I wear contacts but I’ll borrow someone’s glasses and see how it works for me. but yeah there would probably be enough adjustment to get them to push forward about an inch

Even if they touch the frames I'm not too worried, it's the lenses that I'm worried about, a scuff on the frames who cares lol

Gotcha. Just borrowed my dads glasses to see how it fit and the protos sunglasses were almost maxed out to go around the glasses but they only touched the corner of the frame on the left side for me. Here’s a couple pictures if that helps

Attachments

• 952D5834-9989-4BF5-A1E7-5A49EBCB360A.jpeg
    952D5834-9989-4BF5-A1E7-5A49EBCB360A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 93F5E260-1B2C-4A2D-AF63-359C9324CAA6.jpeg
    93F5E260-1B2C-4A2D-AF63-359C9324CAA6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
my glasses are very similar, and should work size wise, thanks, will be ordering a set

also, your sunglasses appear to be reflective, I dont see an option for that on the pfanner website, are the "grey" ones the same? I think arbsession has a chart showing how much light is blocked, and the grey was like 91%

edit, 13%, which almost seems too dark, but to be fair, the sun is quite bright
1643509304020.png

didn’t know if you saw they had there own inserts aswell. I believe I ordered mine on Wesspur (don’t remember) but on there sight there is a “mirror” option

My eyes are really sensitive to the sun (I live with sunglasses on when I’m outside) and they are all the tint I would ever need

Correction: I ordered them on treestuff and they call them tinted glasses. I’d be willing to bet they are the exact same thing as the mirror lenses on Wesspur

Attachments

• 441D3C20-C5E3-4127-8F70-0C66DE5A7BB5.jpeg
    441D3C20-C5E3-4127-8F70-0C66DE5A7BB5.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 2
the mirror seems the same as the tinted ones, I did see the optical insert, but then id have to get lenses cut, if I have to get that done I will, otherwise thats money I dont have to spend, either way im ordering the glasses, will get the insert if I have to
currently making another arbsession shopping list, gonna swap my lanyard biners out for some DMM ones, mainly because I like the DMM's allot more than the notch ones that are on my lanyard, and new life support gear rarely hurts, plus more biners to keep in the gear bag till I need them is always a super nice feeling

Smoked or grey are the mirrored ones. They work decent. I feel that I get more in my eyes than when I wore actual safety glasses but got head aches from the pressure of the earmuffs on the sides. One thing I really like is they never seem to fog unless I wear a mask.

I can second that. The lenses easily sit far enough away from your face that they don’t get enough body heat to fog in the cold. My boss bought my the Sena smh10r (compact Sena kit) for my pfanner so I’m ecstatic to set that up. Will have full seal on my ear muffs with clear communication and eye protection 😁😁😁

My boss bought 2 kask plasmas with the tuff talk light kit and that was my first time getting to use a Sena and he offered to get one for my helmet so now we have three communication units on site. Just gotta learn how to use them now 😂

My son and I got Sena's about 2 years ago, I think. Big gamechanger, like Rich says. Definitely makes the work safer...a lot. And we don't look like buck-toothed cross-eyed redneck hillbillies screaming at each other from up in the tree or across the job site. My biggest problem was remembering how to pair them each time. I made this video so I could consult it on-site as needed...after several times of cussing my way thru the pairing process on job sites.

Thanks

the truck needs 2 rear rims, all 6 tires replaced, and a bed
but it runs excellent, sat over a year, and came to life within 1 rotation of the crankshaft
1989 F350 7.3 idi, 5spd manual 2wd
Too bad you are so far away. I have six decent F350 rims sitting here I need to get rid of. I bought a 2005 F350 with suppoedly good tires andwithin 100 miles 3 had tread separation. I bought 6 wheels and tires off craigslist to replace them.

Thanks @pantheraba! Do you know if that sequence is standard on most/all Sena head sets?

@WoodCutr, make sure to keep some of those spare v-rib belts around. Old rubber doesn’t like sitting around, she sounds pretty clean at idle too. Did that truck come with a fuel/water separator? Moisture build up may be another issue from sitting

Back