Petzl swivel open

Treeaddict

Treehouser
Anyone using it? Any issues? Screws loosened? I did use Loctite on the threads and it does have a rubber washer to prevent loosening. Appreciate your feedback.

Attachments

• FC9B889F-0E87-4B39-98E3-A2403506B9AF.jpeg
    FC9B889F-0E87-4B39-98E3-A2403506B9AF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
I have the Petzl Micro, I think it’s called, it’s open-able on one side of the swivel and a tight eye on the other side, has a rubber grommet inside, holds a carabiner in place pretty tight.

I used to use it on my Cinch lanyard adjuster on a hip D. Haven’t seen it in a while, probably at the bottom of the gear bag, should put it on my rope grab.

Never had a problem with it loosening, it’s nice. I wouldn’t mind the Open swivel on a bridge.

What are you Hoping to use it for? I used the Ring Open attaching my swiveled bulldog bone directly to my bridge. I dinne remember what the lock was, but it was secure and had good indicators for loosening if that were to happen. Should be able to email petzl for the recommended lock method

My post just above is certainly only in reference to DRT systems. That thread is old enough that work positioning SRT was in its infancy in those days...a reminder of how far and fast we have come with these new tools.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnny,
Yours is the same as mine minus a secondary gate. Appreciate the feedback!

Ruel,
Using it on bridge. Have the archaic 4D saddle. Keeps twisting on Ddrt😡

Burnham,
Appreciate the link. Will learn a lot, I’m sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burnham,
Steel trap. You’re mind is a steel trap. How’d you remember that thread from 12 years ago?!
Anyways, I can see how it could be a detriment rather than an asset now. Since it’s on there already I’ve gotta experiment. Lesson here: open mouth before wallet!

If it doesn't work there, maybe it'll work somewhere else. Kinda hard to tell with this stuff. Even with great recommendations and due diligence, you end up with gear that doesn't quite hit the mark. Part of the learning process.

Back