Parts Search Thread.

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 3K
W

Wagnaw

I just realized that the air filter dust cap for my chipper must have fallen off. I noticed it as I was getting ready this morning to do a little chipping.

I know a lot of machines have them on their air filters, and I was wondering if you all know of places that may carry them pick up a new one. Ordering one from Morbark seems like it would be a waste of time.

Check with NAPA or a fleet service parts dealer. It's probably a standard item, just measure the diameter of the opening.

The air filter is an engine thing, just get the model, code, spec numbers you should be able to get these fairly easy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found one today, but it still needs to be ordered.

ted at filter supply?

Yup. He's a nice guy.

Passed you looking at the house with the tore out maple, and I saw those guys loading that fat maple log onto a rollback tow truck. :lol:

Yup. He's a nice guy.

Passed you looking at the house with the tore out maple, and I saw those guys loading that fat maple log onto a rollback tow truck. :lol:

funny huh......redneck log loader

funny huh......redneck log loader

Actually, not a bad idea if you ask me. That was a monster log. Granted, it was probably his uncle/brother-in-law's towing service, so you know... he jus did it fer da wud. :lol:

Yeah, Bruce is the man.

I also realized today when I was greasing everything, I have a hairline crack in the bearing for the top feed wheel. It works fine for now, but that's one more thing on my 'to fix' list.

Good on you for looking at that kind of stuff, Andrew. I've known so many guys who would have never noticed anything like that until it grenaded on them in the middle of a job, then they would claim (with all honesty) that "It was working perfect and all of a sudden it just came apart!"

It's nice to be able to hang out with guys who are aware and observant of their surroundings. :thumbup:

....guys who are aware and observant of their surroundings. :thumbup:

I'll meet that description some day. ...maybe it'll be the day I figure out where that blasted troll went with all my keys, and socks, and money,....

Hey, does anyone know if there is a difference between the chipper knife sharpener sherrill sells and the knife sharpeners (that appear to be the same thing) in the hardware stores?

I'm just concerned about changing the angle on my chipper knives by using something that may not be designed with chippers in mind, but the sharpener looks exactly like the picture in Sherrill.

Yes, it's the same thing. It's just for touch ups on relatively sharp knives. It won't take off enough material to have a significant effect on the blade angle. If the blades are dull or nicked, this device won't help.

Thanks ya'll. I put new blades in a couple weeks ago, so their not "new" sharp, but I'm thinking of doing the touch up thing. It may be too late, but we'll see. I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Calling All Morbark Chipper Owners!!

I need to replace the flange bearing on my top feed wheel. Is that something I need to have the shop do? Or can I do that myself?

Note, I have no fancy lifting devices or any of that good stuff.

Dude, I thought you had a GRCS? That's the fanciest of lifting devices.

Yeah, but I'm not going to put that between the feed wheels and hope for the best!!

I'm more wondering if there is a certain position it needs to be in, or does the top feed wheel need to be supported a certain way....

Back