Orienteering

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Anyone here ever try it? I have not but it looks like it could be fun for us folks who are into moving thru the woods.

Lots of it during forestry schooling, work and other outdoor pursuits. Maps, aerial photos, and compass stuff...all before the GPS era. Most would not know how to do it these days.

I used to use stereo pairs of aerial photos to layout cutting units and roads. I taught myself to see 3-d with stereo pairs.

Last edited:
I was taught it in both boy scouts and middle school on a week long camp thing we did, but haven't used it since. The camp thing was really cool, they taught us how to use an eye patch to maintain night vision, and some other cool tricks.

I wish I could YouTube GPS tourists up here. So many places that are either wrong path ways or just plain no signal. You can always tell who they are. Hell, not only will they U turn in the middle of a highway with out any warning, but will come to a dead stop as well, hoping the signal comes back..... LOST IN AMERICA... If you count CA as part of America. :/:

Back