Official Rec Climbing Pictures

Porkbrick

TreeHouser
I dont think there is a thread dedicated to rec climbing pics. i feel like they could use their own. ill start it off...

For Natasha's birthday she said she wanted to climb a redwood. found this grove north of boulder creek. measured out a almost exactly 200'. fun had by all! IMG_0901.jpg IMG_0884.jpg IMG_0888.jpg IMG_0891.jpg
i have a whole bunch of panoramic shots and gopro shots but i cant shrink them to get the uploader to take:X

Nice for Natasha!

Some day I hope to get out that far to take in the sights and maybe visit with some folks in person. Never been West or North of Tuscon.

Very nice! Always nice to do those rec climbs. Fiddler west coast gtg spring 2015;)

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

Rec climb in Philadelphia on March 19, if the weather is kind. Either in the Wissahickon or Fairmount Park.

Mike and John,
Are you up for a road trip?
So far we have myself, Ethan (a Philly-based, Cert. Arborist), Jim (Rec climber who works in Applied Physics), and someone who goes by the tree-name, Hoot.
Lots of great trees up there.

There is a rec climb club here in Tassie, I've been out a couple times with them, but they are based in Hobart so it's a bit far to go for 4pm on a weekday. They meet in a perk on the waterfront where there is the most glorious huge spreading elm. They have a FB page, if you search Tasmania and tree climbers it should come up.
The guy who leads it hunts big trees, he's found some crackers down south, like MONSTER eucalyptus

,,In fact, eucalyptus is a whole genus of evergreen plants, which includes several hundred species of trees and shrubs. And only some of them can quite compete in height with the giant sequoias of North America. At the same time, the so-called royal eucalyptus is considered the highest.

Royal eucalyptus is endemic to Australia and the island of Tasmania. The officially documented height of the royal eucalyptus can exceed 100 m.

There are several statements about the discovery of trees over 150 meters high, but there is simply no evidence for this today. Nevertheless, 85 meters is quite a normal height for the royal eucalyptus.

So the kingdom of trees is not famous for its height by sequoias alone.,,

,,Natural History,, 457B1F54-1FE7-483F-AF1A-CF94009768E7.jpeg

I'm interested, but have truck issues. Not sure going far out of state would be prudent.

I'd love to see them one day, but I don't feel to climb. They are way over my range. My record climb is around 115', and I guess most limbs are over that.

Back