Official Guns Thread

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
What'd y'all buy recently. What have you been shooting? What are you selling?

Post em up and show em off.

This is the rifle I got this spring.

I traded the gunsmith an action so be put together a 25-06 Ackley.

26 inch Pac Nor barrel, timney trigger, HS stock B and L scope with a fully blueprinted action.

Had it to the range today and I am getting 3770 fps with an 85 grain ballistic tip.
That's with 65.5 grains of IMR 7977. It's in .257 Weatherby territory.

Prairie dog and coyote gun.

Went and made a payment to the gunsmith today and we plugged it into his calculator. It's shooting flatter to 500 yards than his 6.5 Creedmoor.

I bought a cheap ass .22 pellet rifle. I don't think it will shoot 500 yards. I'm still waiting for Jim to buy that FX Impact so he can tell me how awesome it is.:lol:

GN: I bought a brand new Ruger 10/22.

BN: That was over 2 years ago, haven't shot it yet.:|:

Jim, the Impact is about $1895.00. Plus scope, rings, bipod, dive bottle etc. Paint ball is CO2, so that's only 800 psi. A dive tank is over 4500, so you need to go to a dive shop, or a fire station that charges air packs.

Ha Good question. I'm sure if I could shoot outside of my back door I would shoot it a fair amount. But to shoot around here you gotta go to a range and that seems like a pita.

Nice Stephen. On of the Assistant Chiefs at the FD has one of those.

He really likes it.

A couple of things on my list are a Weatherby SA 08 Deluxe 28 guage auto loader, a synthetic 12 guage and a CZ 527 in .17 Hornet.

But, seeing how the wife is all busted up and we have a high deductible it might be a while.

That and I am still making payments on my 25-06.

I could go out and buy 100 guns if I had the cash. Hope that wind farm gets built!

It's actually well behaved for the weight to calibre thing. I still need to pick up another .357. I just acquired one I love, but want a carry as well. I want it with a 3" barrel though. Better behaved with hot rounds.
Couple rifles in mind. Ruger American in .223 is on the list. Just because it is a good excuse for ammo under California's soon to be watchful eye..
Might get a Marlin 30/30 here soon.. Guy I know is thinking about parting with it...
Still want a lever in .357 as well... .44 mag would be nice to carry with my Dragoon in 44. Just stuff. I would like another .380 too... Gosh do I have a list.
Wheels, Levers and Bolts.

Gunsmith tried to lure me into a .38 super today.

Commander length 1911 with a Caspian aluminum frame. It had the Burris fastfire sight inletted into the slide.

I wanted one years ago, nickle plated with ivory grips. He dismissed it as a "pimp's" gun. Now he has one similar.

The SP 101 is the one I am after. I can deal with the grip. Just a matter of either ordering one or making one. Not like I can't find any walnut or something. :lol:
Of course my hands are smaller than yours I am sure

5774.jpg

This is the one I have. 2.25 inch barrel. As with most Rugers, it is hefty, even with the short barrel. It handles fine with the full house 158 hollow points.

Only gripe I have is the springs are a bit stiff. Might order a Wolff spring package and lighten them up a bit.

I did not think I would like the short barrel, but it fits nicely into my pants pocket.

After my friend was murdered in Missoula I bought the wife a pistol.

It is the LCR revolver with adjustable sights and the 3 inch barrel. .38 special+P.

Thats not a bad revolver either. I thought it was hokey at first, but its actually pretty good.

Back