Official Guns Thread

Recently found an old .45 round that would always jam. I recently looked up the issue and thought it was because the bullet got pushed into the case too far causing the front edge of the case to catch something, but I thought we tried manually loading it years ago, which probably would have worked. I just now lined it up with some good rounds to see what was going on, and found that not only was the bullet pushed in a little too far, but the case was much longer than the others. I was pleased to find the plated brass to cut very well on the lathe. I also added a bit of taper to the edge, no before pic.

20240704_182257.jpg

They worked well for as old and corroded as they were, however some 9mm of similar age from the middle east were a 10/10 failure. I'm thinking possible humidity damage and poor primer sealant.

Rural king has a 4.99 shipping deal free ffl deal going on
So i bought myself a birthday present
Screenshot_2024-10-02-21-13-59-491.jpg
This was 255.00 shipped they were 500.00 a few months ago
It looks like thousands of other polymer pistols
But these are Brazilian and Philippine military and police pistols
Contract overrun
I always wanted to try one the designer wilhelm bubits made the steyr and caracal pistols.
Locks on the barrel hood not a browning action
These are limited taurus said they won't continue to offer them when they sell out
Screenshot_2024-10-03-10-33-29-335.jpg

My protégé, Wyatt just bought one of those. I haven't handled it yet but it appears to be a "Glock-off". He says it's fairly accurate, but with him that just means "over there, somewhere".

At least they smoothed the block form factor down a bit, and it's got a tacticool rail underneath for Gucci stuff.

So long as it goes bang when it's supposed to, and don't when it's not, I reckon it's a good un.

My protégé, Wyatt just bought one of those. I haven't handled it yet but it appears to be a "Glock-off". He says it's fairly accurate, but with him that just means "over there, somewhere".

At least they smoothed the block form factor down a bit, and it's got a tacticool rail underneath for Gucci stuff.

So long as it goes bang when it's supposed to, and don't when it's not, I reckon it's a good un.
Actually I'm quite impressed with it IMG_20241004_163047.jpg
It fits my hand perfectly after i swapped back straps
And comes in a nice package IMG_20241004_163113.jpg
And the kahr type pull through trigger is very light under 4lbs i started getting good groups at 20yds when i got used to it
We shot over 200 124gr hollow points through it my friend ordered himself one he liked it so much
IMG_20241004_173903.jpg IMG_20241004_175504.jpg
I have or had many big name glock,smith, browning,cz, HK, canik,ruger etc. this ts9 is the most comfortable polymer frame pistol I've shot near 0 recoil with that bubits system
For me the taurus's have been perfectly reliable and accurate i know that's not the case with many people especially with older designs.
I've had the tx .22s and .22 compacts since they were introduced perfectly reliable and accurate
Neighbor has had a 9mm th9 for around 10 year's I've had several g2c g3c g3 no issues at all i bought my sister a g2c she loves it
I really preferred the gx4 when it came out and carry them often.
Shopping around today for a couple of mags they were like 70-80.00 for 2
So i just ordered another ts9 to get the mags
And throw the pistol in the safe.

Back