Nifty Lift/Compact Equipment Store

lumberjack

Young man on the go
Compact Equipment Store.com LLC/I am Nifty Lift's newest dealer. Before I became a dealer, I bought a SD64 from another dealer (paid regular street price) for Rutherford Contracting LLC (RC, my working company). I have a SD50 and SD64 on order, they should be here in 1 and 3 months respectively. I order a TM50 (trailer mounted 50' platform height lift) as well.

Here's the first published video I've published. I'll be adding more as time goes along as well as other videos catering to RC.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UsVOwp5praQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 10.26.36 PM.jpg

Very Nifty

I used to use knuckle boom lifts when I worked in the bottled water factory, this thing makes the ones I used look puny and cute

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They make an 85'er without outriggers (SP85). That would be sick as a SD85 (lighter with outriggers), 62' of working outreach (20' further than the SD64)!

That sucker moves quick. Boom as well. I noticed you had the jacks all the way out is that recommended? What do these guys run?

The recommend ago is to have the tires off the ground and the machine level within 3*. I had them all the way down for visual effect, I guess.

$92.5k is what I paid for mine (going price is $92.5-97k). My price is $92.5k, and I include 2' square outrigger pads from DICA/Alturna.

From the start of deploying the outriggers (And extending them all the way) to being at full height is around 3 minutes, maybe that's worth a video of itself, perhaps sped up a bit with a clock running? Also you can multifunction the controls, I ran the controls individually to make it easier to film.

That looks like one piece of the equipment puzzle for me. Though a few years out yet perhaps. A 64 would come up short for me so often that I would be hopping they come out with the lighter 85.

Carl, do you think a person could get one trailer to transport that and double duty as a dump for logs/articulating loader?

Do the hyd's have a backup safety in the event of line rupture of some sort?

The 85'er would be somewhere around $150k I bet (hypothetical).

With the right setup, that wouldn't be a problem. The easiest way I can think of would be with an Avant set sideways across the truck behind the cab and a 22' gooseneck dump trailer.

The hydraulic cylinders have load holding valves; if line ruptures, nothing happens to the boom, just like a bucket truck. Actually, it takes pressure to open the load holding valves to lower the boom. If the engine fails (runs out of fuel, for example), there are two manual hydraulic pumps to stow the boom and retract the outriggers. Yes, there is a low fuel warning as well!

I have the demo listed in the May issue of Tree Trader for $25500 with a BMG and the Brush Guard. Under 23 hours on it currently.

I love my Boxer. I would really, really love an Avant.

I saw how the telescoping boom adds so much to machine stacking to build maximum sized piles for forwarding.

They don't, for the SD64. With the basket rotated the basket isn't as wide when telescoping in. I don't do much trim work, but I have done one trim job so far and it the basket wasn't an issue. On removals the extra space is nice to hold chunks of wood and in general have more room to move around.

Here's a walk around video I shot this afternoon. I have another video I'm editing showing the controls from the basket.

I also ran it against a stop watch today:
Fully retracted to full elevation: 72 seconds
Both booms from their cradles to fully up: 41 seconds
Extend top boom (horizontal): 36 seconds
Retract top boom (horizontal): 31 seconds

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/43uLhS7sRZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/chsW7DMJuPc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a job we did this week. Took 3 days in all.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rr_YcljSbB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the telescopic feature. Its design has a trade-off for side reach over a standard over-center boom... no free lunch, right? Looks like it moves really well.

I really like the telescoping boom, elevator style bottom boom, and the jib. The elevator for the bottom boom doesn't effect reach, but so the top boom has to make up for that. Also you have full reach with the booms fully retracted, which is handy. I limbed/topped 12 pines trees today in a little over 2 hours... working on that video tonight.

One of the better tree vids I've seen in awhile. Beautifully illustrates the capabilities of the machine. Time lapse rocks, but in real time, how fast is the movement of the booms?

That video is 20x real time. 124 minutes to put 12 trees on the ground and 2 of the 4 setups. 12 pines today took 105 minutes, quite a few setups (5-6?).

Approximately, It takes 72 seconds to go from the fully stowed position to full height. 36 seconds to extend the top boom, 31 seconds to retract it. 41 seconds to raise both booms from their cradles to full height (without the jib or extension).

Back