My shop

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I probably should say this thread is open to all pics/stories of shops.

I still have a massive amount of tools to move in but I have to get an electrician out to wire'er up proper 100amp service already but I need some 50amp outlets.

What do you have in mind for it's final purpose? Woodworking, mechanical, party shack... All the above?

All the above. But more business/investment property with a metal working welding bent.

No. My welder is 30amp, plasma is 30, compressor is 30, @ 240v. But the compressor and plasma are the only two that could be running at the same time. And the new shop will have an a separate 60 gallon expansion tank aside the 60 gallon compressor so the two running at the same time will be rare.

Just curious if you were thinking some bigger stuff, or anything like that. And if you do go bigger, sometimes a used generator might be cheaper. I've actually seen entire machining and welding shops run off of large diesel generators, no kidding.

I don't foresee a need for going over a 50amp circuit, but a gen set is on my wish list but I have a ton of other things to pay off first. A 20 or 24kv gen set is what I would be looking for.

Good luck hunting, i was kinda hunting for a huge engine drive welder with a huge generator built in myself before i got sick. Had also been thinking about a fabric building, I've found them cheap and i think one would be fine for me. I've done more with less :lol:

That shop is to die for.

How do you like your spider lift.

Is the shop on your house property?

That shop is to die for.

How do you like your spider lift.

Is the shop on your house property?
Thank you!
Love the lift! Money well spent! It is slower than a bucket for sure but the access with it is unbeatable.
The shop property is about 5-600yards from my house as the crow flies or 1/4 mile by road. We got lucky and called on the property only after it was on the market for six days. They were asking 450k but there was no way in hell anybody was buying at that price point. We put in an offer at 350 and got it.
The barn was built on 2010 and the floor was done in 2013, 6" with 2" foam so no sweating I just wish it had tubes in it. There is a house on the property that is a rental, occupied, and the back acreage is horse pasture also rented out so the whole property is costing us an electric/gas bill about $120 a month. The barn is ridiculously clean.

The in floor heat is awesome, but unless you installed it and have everything mapped out, anchoring stuff to the floor is a nightmare. I would rather be able to anchor stuff than have in floor heat, and i hate the cold more than anything.

LOL I'm Indian we love to haggle. :lol:
Two cheap ethnicities going head to head was interesting but I gave my bottom dollar and just watched the price get lower and lower until I got what I wanted. Silence is golden sometimes.

Just get it zoned right. I can run a jackhammer 6am to 5pm if I wanted. I am not sure if it's the same on the other side of the pond but you probably have something similar.

The whole property is zoned A1, prime AG, and the conditional use is for Farm Family Business. Which means I have to have all business equipment in the pole barn, NOTHING outside but oh well, without having to rezone. I can still build another 40x70 barn on the property if I wanted and still be under the green space % act. That just means that there is a % relation between green space and non-green space. I really want to push for A-4 zoning which is outside contractor storage but this works.

Back