Miniature model ideas for tree workers?

TreeDPrinting

Climbing Arborist/3D printing guy
Hey everyone, I've been working on 3D printed minis for folks in the industry. It's pretty niche but I'm focusing on tree work related stuff because I think it deserves more representation. People seem to be loving my mini chainsaws , and to a lesser extent my mini climbing spikes (ultra niche). I'm not getting rich off of these, but they have been covering the costs of my 3D printing hobby. I've got a bunch of climbing devices on my to-model list, and I'm looking forward to sharing those when they're ready. I've got a website www.treeDprinting.com with my current lineup listed in the shop.

Any suggestions and feedback would be awesome! I'm also a climbing arborist and look forward to taking part in this forum's discussions.

Attachments

• 20210130_151306.jpg
    20210130_151306.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 139070111_852834275281845_3284886197629321435_n.jpg
    139070111_852834275281845_3284886197629321435_n.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 21
I recall old Sherrill catalogs had gold chainsaw pendants. Probably not a hot seller.

This stuff looks neat though. Replace the monopoly pieces!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recall old Sherrill catalogs had gold chainsaw pendants. Probably not a hot seller.

This stuff looks neat though. Replace the monopoly pieces!
During Christmas people were going nuts for em, I guess tree guys can be hard to buy for haha, made a lot of people happy.

Yeah I'd buy a zubat or a porty keychain...enough chainsaw ones already
Actually working on a porty! Theyre damn easy to model, but there are a couple printing orientation problems i must solve first. Follow my fb or insta page if you want to get updates. They're accessible through the website. Thanks guys for the feedback

Good looking website as well. Not sure if you can make a fortune but scale trees and branches to demo and teach rigging might be interesting to some folks. You could add magnets to the branches and connections to make the models re-usable and self standing. Look at the Tree stuff rigging videos where they keep cutting pieces of wood on what looks like one time use models.
Good luck!

Good looking website as well. Not sure if you can make a fortune but scale trees and branches to demo and teach rigging might be interesting to some folks. You could add magnets to the branches and connections to make the models re-usable and self standing. Look at the Tree stuff rigging videos where they keep cutting pieces of wood on what looks like one time use models.
Good luck!
Man that's exactly what I plan on doing! It'll be a rigging simulator called Rig-Show. I plan on using it when teaching new climbers. Interactive re-useable modular rigging simulator! Now that is ultra ultra niche, definitely not going to get rich off of it, but it'll be a fun project for sure.

@TreeDPrinting

Are you an arborist? How did you get started/ interested in making tree work trinkets?
I've been a production arborist for a bit over 5 years now on Vancouver Island, Canada. Nerd at heart and used to to a lot of 3D animation. Bought a 3d printer and showed some of the guys at work the tiny saws I made, and they absolutely loved em. Kept me motivated to keep going on it.

And thanks Bermy, this forum is the real shit.

Back