Milling Pine Logs?

lxskllr

Treehouser
I'll soon be getting into the decent wood on my project, and was wondering if I should try to save some of the white pine. I don't really have any use for it, but I get a little twitchy seeing good wood go to waste. I was thinking I could maybe square them up, then store them away for??? I dunno. Y'all think it's worth the hassle of Alaskan milling? If so, what length? I was thinking 10'. That gives room to cut off my mistakes, and a little flexibility with size.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think my little dakota would be up to the task of skidding those out Dave :^D

I'll see what happens when I really look everything over. I don't get too excited about pine, but a use may present itself before I get them out.

Blue stain is pretty and doesn't effect the strength iirc. If you don't care about the discoloration then it doesn't really matter. Possibly wrong, that's my understanding anyways

I have some pine logs I need to mill. Cut over the winter, I think bugs bored through the bark a no th or 2 ago. I'm really behind. Hopefully they aren't complete junk. Fungus growing on a couple log ends, none painted or sealed. :(

Back