Mayer Tree

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Any of you folks know this outfit? Located north of Boston. They supplied the cranes to the crane seminar that was on TB. I've never seen or heard of another tree service like it.

They own 3 Grove 60t all terrain cranes which have all the bells and whistles and set up in a very small space compared to boom trucks. And one Grove 115t, 200 feet of stick. $1.2 mill to drive it off the lot. They only do trees, no non-tree crane work.

And a whole slew of 75' 4wd Terex buckets, 20" chippers, XL chip trucks, 100hp stumpers, tracked and wheeled Bobcats, spacious shop and yard with plenty of room for logs and chips.

The only thing more amazing than their fleet and operation is the sales crew it must take to keep it all busy!! All the Mayer people I met were top notch, including the owner.

Last edited:
Bostonbull works for Mayer. Erik has been to a couple of their company GTG's.

It seems like it would be hard to keep large crane operators full time employed for only doing tree work. Perhaps they do other things when the cranes are inactive?

Real good outfit, and Dan Mayer seems like one of the nicest people you could work for. If they weren't 2+ hours away, I'd probably be working for them. :lol:

They host an Arbor Day Party every year, and it's a ton of fun. I demo'd for a Wraptor for Paul at this year's party. If you've never been to one... ya gotta come. Free food, beer, and burnouts. :/:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiyda6Q4PDk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiyda6Q4PDk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DO70WaqltKM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DO70WaqltKM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, those vids show some of their fleet in the background.

Almost forgot; they have a company store open to the public that is crammed with every Stihl available, and spools and spools of rope, and a wide assortment of climbing and rigging gear.

I doubt it. If you had a fortune, seems like there would be easier/wiser places to put it to use than in tree service.

Ha, good one!

Oh, Brian, you have a real special nack for saying things the way you see them, and so many times the way you do it clarifies my own wonders or suspicions about things that I can not express or find the exact words for. Thank you and keep it up!

On other hand, B said that he was making good bread. I guess just not millions is what he was referring to. Millions is just some vague term that I wonder if it really exists?

Working in an area where 7 figure annual household incomes aren't uncommon helps, too. ;)

Working in an area where 7 figure annual household incomes aren't uncommon helps, too. ;)

According to google, the average home price in my town is about $585k; the average in the Mayer backyard (Ipswich) was high $300k's. So, they don't appear to be getting it done by just working high dollar neighborhoods. But they definetly take in more per bucket crew than I do.

They believe in maximum mechanization to make maximum dollars and save the bodies of their employees.

I would imagine the arborist supply/stihl dealer aspect of the outfit surely helps butter the bread as well.

For real, I buy tree stuff from them, all it takes is a text to BostonBull and 'bam' stuff arrives toot sweet! I've been there in person, tiny shop but crammed with stuff.

Back