Lantern collections?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
is Ultra even beer?

I've been looking for 237 likes you have Burnham......A lot of time there pretty nasty from kero burn and lack of maintenance. I guess people just toss them instead of fixing. That sears lantern I posted is propane.....I have several other old school propane doo hickies as well. zIt was made by benzomatic I think.

Going climbing with my daughter today since she leaves for college next week. I take some more pics of the random flammable stuff I have later

a buddy of mine found a 201 in barn near one of his bee yards. He gave me a 1000 pounds of sugar......so the least I could do was fix it. Complete tear down and repaint. Spider webs and mud daubers are a commen problem of why they run like shit. Of course this thing had lots of stuff wrong, but hey, 1000 pounds of sugar! IMG_2133.jpg IMG_2134.jpg 64881891493__E15E0871-B236-4647-9E93-BAF735198F78.jpg 64882228983__95580313-6218-40D6-ABDB-B068770DCCF8.jpg 64882230842__17F75570-4130-42D5-BC50-9931F27D0148.jpg 64900519469__469E587C-A5DF-46F6-B7BF-743A8DA41F8D.jpg 64900519469__469E587C-A5DF-46F6-B7BF-743A8DA41F8D.jpg

I had a Coleman white gas lantern, but when my x-wife bought a small cabin on the West coast, she asked if she could have it.
I didn't have much use for it anyway, we seldom have black outs since all live wires were put in the ground after the "Storm of the century" in -99.

I need some old primus parts if you have access to them Stig.

Ultra is beer, just very light beer for summer. I don't need to chew every beer i drink, it still works and doesn't give me heartburn as much. Not to mention the bottle of Jameson there!

lol....boat beer

I will keep my eye out for said flares Jim

What does a guy do with a 1000 lbs of sugar?
5lb bags on the street corner in some shady parts of the city by a bakery?
Flip a QP to the old ladies making jelly?
Skip the old lady pie crew, they just don't pay. You may get a pie but it sure as shit ain't a pecan pie.
Careful you ain't hustled.

Well, that is at least a good idea, better than the old ladies and pies. Because who needs pie?. Apple, cherry, lemon, pecan? I guess we will never know mister "I'm too good for the pie crowd".

Neighbor has old round road flares on his screen porch along with oil lamps. My oldest Coleman is a red 1960 200A, my newer one is a pretty standard green 220A from about 1980. Two Griswold skillets in the kitchen and three more in the shop ready to be restored. Gave away a three burner Coleman camp stove (useful when all five kids were still home and we were car camping in Shenandoah and on the Outer Banks).

I have a pair of these early Coleman table lamps .One of them came from the basement of my grandmother ,discovered after approx. 70 years on a shelf that still had pressure in the tank .I've never attempted to see if they work .They take a different mantle than the camp lanterns .I aged them by the serial numbers .One is from the early 30's and one the late 20's . These lanterns use a separate pump ,not included in the self contained camp lanterns, I have one too .

Attachments

• DSCN1017[1].JPG
    DSCN1017[1].JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 11
Ever thought about trying it out, Al?
Pretty striking just sitting on the table!

LEDs are probably a better bet for when the power goes out lol.

If I do try and light them it will be outside of the house .For that matter though I have plenty of kerosene lamps ,battery powered lanterns etc . I might add I also have several Coleman camp lanterns that run on propane plus a propane stove and a gasoline antique stove .I don't use them though .Those old gasoline powered lanterns will heat a small tent making them a heater as well as a light source . Those with an interest in those gasoline Colemans might
google " Laymans non electric in Kidron Ohio .They originally were a hardware store catering to the large Amish community in that part of Ohio . It's a trip back in time to visit .

Back