How'd it go today?

Nice work Grendel. Hat's off to the solo guys and gals, you're some hard working folks that have to plan every move before you leave the ground and carry everything you need or pay the price with an extra climb. I'm not that fit or that smart:|:

Going to the last day of our big local agricultural fair today. Lots of animals, food, vendors, midway and rodeo finals at 7:30 tonight. It should be a hell of a day!

Took oliver fishing today, he got to eat catfish and sunfish for the first time. Boy does he have an appetite. Then off to the local gander mountain to pick up my new .22 pellet rifle. Then sold some tree work on the way home. I'd better stay home cause when this luck ends it'll be terrible. Lol

Took oliver fishing today, he got to eat catfish and sunfish for the first time. Boy does he have an appetite. Then off to the local gander mountain to pick up my new .22 pellet rifle. Then sold some tree work on the way home. I'd better stay home cause when this luck ends it'll be terrible. Lol

What rifle did you get? I have a Gamo 220, but I'd like an FX Revolution.:evil:

I picked up another benjamin nitro piston. The varmint .22 the scope is junk but it's the same stock and setup as my prowler .177 so I'm happy. Probably the last step before I pick up a marauder .25. But the prowler kept us in squirrel and rabbit all winter. So I'm excited to see what this .22 does. I have the gamo big cat 1250 in a .177 but my oldest has staked a claim to it

I donned my climbing gear for the first time in over two years to remove a limb (it was blocking the satt signal for Direct TV) for my neighbor.

My 200t cranked up on the 6th pull and ran perfectly! :)

Took the chipper out on a job, worked just fine.

BUT, did something to the brakes/hub bearings...they were smoking when we pulled into the gas station!!!
Only thing I can think of, I tried to reverse uphill once before I remembered to flip the little thingy across to stop the brakes going on so I could actually reverse...maybe I jammed something?
Hubby will be playing mechanic tomorrow.

Got the day off with full pay:)

Was supposed to sub for the biggest tree and landscapie company here. They sent me a map of a strech of creek where a tree was blocking the water.
Told me to go remove the tree, but to give them a call when I arrived.
When I called, they reluctantly admitted that they had screwed up, and not gotten the price ok'ed by the county before sending me off to do the job..
So they told me to just go home and bill them for a day, anyway.

Since the mail order bride is working night shift this week, and the weather has turned fine again, we went riding together in the woods.

Now I'll go ride my motorcycle to the dojo and teach.

Fine day, altogether.:D

Strangely I had the opposite.
Drove an hour and three quarters to a job felling a line of trees in a garden. 90 year old neighbour starts raising hell that they're his trees, he's calling the gendarmes etc. long story short, couldn't do them.
Managed to get the employee's wages covered and the diesel by the client.
Apart from that, total waste of time.

That sucks, Mick.

Go ride your Norton, that'll make you forget about it:)

Jim, I did for years. These days not many people want to train Karate around here, so our membership numbers are low. We can only just make enough to pay rent.
If you want to make money as a dojo, you have to terach kid's classes, and the stuff we train is NOT for kids.
We have an above age 18 admission policy.

So now I just do it on a voluntary basis.

Payback...............someone taught me............someone taught the guy(s) who taught me........someone taught the guy who etc. .........etc.....etc.......I sometimes envision myself as the last person in a long line of senseis passing this stuff down, so doing it for free is fine with me.

Back