How'd it go today?

I'm just home for some lunch and to change trucks. I 'pruned' a massacred Maple this morning. I was muttering and grumbling to myself while the neighbor was watching and taking pics. Finally I could stand it no more and blurted out, "Whoever hacked this tree shouldn't ever be allowed to handle a chainsaw again". Turns out from the neighbor it was another company that did the work, worst hackjob I've ever seen in my life, bizarre bypass cuts in the face cuts of huge limbs they took off and just left the torn stubs on the tree, all of the interior stripped right out, limbs left that were sawn halfway through, indiscriminate topping/reduction cuts everywhere. The tree was f-cked over, I told the customer you can't polish a turd and tried to just clean it up and told them to leave it alone for about 10 years to see what happens. Furious that someone out there could be so stupid as to have done this to a tree.

Oh yes. I'd say 50% of our trees still are in full leaf. Oaks, norway maples.

Going to be some serious tree FUBAR goings on. We have had two years of that here Brendon and I am still getting clean up jobs. They just move a little further out from the house. The Arborphobia is at it's all time high as well helping with my coffers this year :D

Wow Brendon, quite a pile already, guess theres more than one reason to check out the plow truck today!

Holy mackrel I'm turning into a tecno weenie .First the cell phone now the 23 inch LCD monitor came today .It's an LG make .

What a difference this thing is over the flat sceeen CRT .Now I have to ask,is the back ground on this site blue because if it is the thing has been green to me for a few years .

easy Al, so many techno improvements in one weekend, you are likely to turn out like Robocop by monday!

here we go. she did real well, a quick learner. next is a big fir on the ridge above the house, should be a real stunning view from that one.<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gSgiE32K_0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gSgiE32K_0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Alrighty then ,done good .Tell ya what the lady has some nerve because neither one of my wifes would have done that even when they were that young .

Good eye, Stephen. It takes two mistakes in conjunction for an accident to occur. That's one.

Patrick, congrats to your wife. She's a keeper. :)

Oh yes. I'd say 50% of our trees still are in full leaf. Oaks, norway maples.

Landed in Providence awhile ago; what a longggggg drive home. Trees and limbs down EVERYWHERE. There's DEFINITELY some tree work out there now!

I'm surprised we still have power. Cable/internet is out, though. Good thing I have mobile WiFi on my Droid; I'd be jonesing.

yup, that's a boo boo. usually i have a small ring on that end, but my gear is all disorganized from last weekend. good eye.

Just wanted to get that safety Nazi thing right out there and over with :lol:
You should see (if you have not) some of my old pics of work :lol:
I hope I can get Katy to settle down her schedule to do some climbing with me.
Looks like it was a really nice day :)

Any idea how long the snow is going to stick around guys? Heading up Monday morning, but I'm tempted to leave tomorrow. I love the snow, and would be more than willing to help some guys out on the way up.

Back