How'd it go today?

We were thinking horsechestnut but have never seen anything like this. Are they like this for just a short time?

Skerl....first thing that hit my mind was sweet gum but these are like sand burrs, which yo might not have either come to think of it.
the thorns on these would go through a thin leather glove without trouble.

Basically finished killing the canyon oak today... Except... I have one spar to fall that we want the come along on.. :P Guess what I forgot to put in the truck this AM:|:
So I will drop it tomorrow .... And wrap up the other 1/2 dead live oak...
The HO is deciding what she wants done with the stump anyway.. Chair or birdbath stand.... Orrrr....

Nope. I sent him his rope and saddle and he tied into the tree and rapalled. The emergency controls are all on the ground rendering you helpless in the tree.

I put the boom over center today actually to, killed all the controls at the top and he had to once again lower me on the emergency controls. :roll:

Climbing's easier man.

The emergency controls! are you talking about the panel on the side were you start the machine? The ground controls.

Attachments

• 20061222_0398.JPG
    20061222_0398.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 20
Brendon you say you went over center? Was that with the lower boom up as far as it will go and the upper boom went overcenter.
Sounds like he had problems at that point and should have stopped using it until things were checked out. Neither boom should ever go over center. Even both booms at ther highest point are not straight up and down.

Attachments

• LEO23GTheight-diagram.gif
    LEO23GTheight-diagram.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 52
Not those controls dave. The ones behind the panel on the other side. Those wouldn't work either.

I'm not sure about the over center part. I had the upper boom all the way up, and the bottom boom wasn't all the way. I yelled down to Doug and said things aren't working. He said the machine won't let you go any further, because the risk of tipping.

Maybe he doesn't know, and I surely don't. I'm just a rope, saddle.....and Wraptor kinda guy.

Received a call from the gallery that is showing my woodwork, the last day of the exhibit is today. Someone from the far north came in and liked the rocking chair, ended up purchasing it for $6800.00 :big-jump:

Thanks. Yes, they take around 15-20% in this case. The lady who runs the particular gallery is super nice, and really works hard. People trust her and although not pushy at all, she can really sell high ticket items.

A pic, not the exact chair, but along these lines, and made from Walnut. The one in the photo is cherry, from awhile back. I increased the head rest width, they are more comfortable now....change little by little over time. Wish I could whip them out, but lots of work to try and get them perfect.

Attachments

• rockinga.JPG
    rockinga.JPG
    721.5 KB · Views: 7
Back