Happy New Year!

Happy new year folks. Im just about coming down now... from the party. Phew.

Attachments

• 20150101_061625.jpg
    20150101_061625.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 28
Nice, Ed, nice.

I just popped open the faux champagne that I didn't open last night. Up until a good 1030 or more. Watch out!;)

Dahlia didn't start napping until 5pm, and slept until 10p. Up for late dinner, and back to sleep. Me, too.

Overtime is double, Sundays and holidays are triple. Small nonunion contractor that treats me like gold. The union doesn't pay me this well.

You're the man Ed, do doubt. I was sitting around in my undershorts with the boy eating popcorn last night. We had fun anyway.

As I get older I seem to gravitate towards old traditions and making new ones. For thirty some odd years we have been eating pork noodles on new years day. Its really simple, boil a pork roast until it pulls apart and serve over spagetti noodles. Add hard boiled egg and cut green onions with soy sauce. I added chopped garlic and Sriachia sauce, wow. I love Sriachia sauce now.

We shot off a bunch of fireworks after dinner. About 25 degrees with no wind, no clouds. My kids loved it, so did my folks.

These family traditions mean so much to me anymore,........
Maybe because my parents are getting older. There used to be a lot of us, now there are few. Just my two kids, wife, sister and parents. I like nothing more than to spend time with my family.

Maybe that is the beer talking, but my tastes get simpler as I get older and my family grows.

Back