Halloween?

I was wondering what spirits were rattling around in the Halloween thread. Nice pictures Willie. How did the candy crusader do at going door to door?

He didnt want to wear his puppy costume that night so we all stayed in with friends and cut punkins and ate popcorn

Three kids so far. Looks like it's gonna be a light night. Earlier, I had fun watching a squirrel collect leaves for his drey. Big leap out in the pin oak, collect a bunch of leaves, big leap back in, then scurry up to the crotch where is nest is. Busy little critter.

Happy Halloween!

Wife and I went out with the 2 boys and our daughter went with friends. We have a hoppin neighborhood, lots of younger families with a few kids each. 11 years ago when we moved in, it was considerably less children.

I miss those days. We're empty nesters now. My youngest will be graduating University of Tampa in a few short months. All of the neighborhood kids that they grew up with are gone, so we get no Trick or Treaters anymore. That, and the fact that houses in our neighborhood are so far apart. Most lots are over an acre. Too far to walk between houses for these soft entitled kids. 8)

Last edited:
Imagine what it's like in my neck of the woods...1/4 mile between driveways at a minimum, most are far more than that, and many drives are that long again to the house.

All the families with trick or treat aged kids haul them to town where the homes are cheek by jowl.

We haven't had a kid at the door since we moved here +45 years ago, unless it was a neighbor who made arrangements ahead...and that's been 25 years at least now.

Same here B. Trunk Or Treat in town and the businesses stay open late handing out candy and such. I used to set up a booth in town too. It was fun now and again. Safer for the kids. Sheriffs ever where. Streets closed down for pedestrian traffic. Love small town life for my kids. Alas, they are teenager and adults now. So we usually go to a party/haunted mining area a friend puts on before and then the "kids" go play after work tonight till about 8

Last edited:
Back