Green Peace Drop Out

gf beranek

Old Schooler
This is something that will be sure stir the environmental debate for a long time to come. And it's about time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NtcNjoDe5Pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The global warming "debate" is such a distraction. There is plenty of earth changing things that people do. The fact that people are not the best housekeepers and are filthy filthy animals a lot of the time is beyond dispute. Getting caught up in the opaque and broad debate over "climate change" is a waste of energy. How about we spend more time being neat, tidy, and effecient house keepers? Instead of wasteful, destructive, and messy. Who argues with that. Scientists over frigging complicate everything.

Good, no. Great find Gerry, but that won't deter the libs. They have all the answers to questions they don't understand.

Good stuff, that. Very engaging video; he is a good speaker.
Ontario (Canada) electricity rates have gone stark bonkers in recent years thanks to the governing politicians (Liberal Party) jumping on the solar / wind hay wagon. And paying producers of such electricity crazy high $$$/ kWh to subsidize their installations. gotta drink that Kool Aid it seems.

http://business.financialpost.com/2...s-under-the-liberals-direction/#__federated=1

I thought he made a lot of broad generalizations...he had some good points but I'm not going to jump ship completely.
I agree with his reasons for leaving Greenpeace, unfortunately a lot of green and environmental movements have been hijacked by radical knee jerk reactionists.

In the end, whatever the root cause of climate change, historical, man-made, whatever...isn't it simply a good idea to try and reduce the amount of extra CO2 that humans ARE pumping into the atmosphere?

My dad always said that we didn't have the enough prospective to judge our impact on global temperatures. This was an interesting video, Thanks Gerry.

Nuclear power might be made safe, but so far, we've kind of proven the opposite. It seems like a huge risk. . .

Patrick Moore is a lobbyist for Monsanto, so I guess we should take that speech with a grain of salts. Some of the stuff makes total sense, like his views on proper forest management and use of wood as a ressource. But the large majority of scientist agree that the world is warming, that CO2 in the atmosphere is rising dramaticaly and that humans are most likely the primary cause.

I guess that there can always be unforeseen eventualities like meteors crashing, but to a large extent, nuclear power is as safe as the people operating the reactors want it to be. In Japan the priority for the Tokyo Electric power company was profits and salaries ahead of safety, better safeguards could have easily been in place that the tsunami wouldn't have affected. It isn't just an after the fact have become wiser that they could have done this or that to prevent the meltdown, a number of those safeguards are what was currently prescribed from a worldwide perspective for the safe operation of reactors. Would they have cost the power company to implement, no doubt. Execs tied in with the government regulatory agency and all for putting money into their pockets instead of implementing better safeguards is what the problem was. After the shit came down and still to this day, when the blame for the horrendous disaster tries to get explained, those same execs all say, "Don't look at me, I just work here", and will have dropped their pencils when their name comes up. A big thick book came out from a commission that was appointed to clarify what the root causes and blame for the event could be broken down to, that spelled it out in very clear terms. It told in detail of the cahoots between the regulatory agency and the power company when it came to managing things. Basically they were all real good buddies going back and forth between jobs. I thought that it was going to be fun to watch the heads roll, but that big book disappeared from the news after two days like it had never been. Just another example of government control of the press. If there was ever a case where the people have a right to know, it's this one.

Have responsible and sufficiently intelligent people running the nuclear power industry and independent from scumbag politicians, and I believe it is fair to think of the risks minimised, and consider it as a viable power source given the potential hazards. Have college educated greedy self indulgent idiots in charge with their impressive sounding position descriptions on their business cards and over the top wages, and as we are seeing, there can be unspeakable problems to mankind that may result. That's my take on it. The bastards are still lying and getting away with it. They all should be strung up for public viewing, and let the people cheer when the necks snap.

Nuclear power is scary. But so far, a lot less deadly than mining for coal.

We have probably been a lot closer to calamity than we know, or ever will know.

There must be only one way of training business executives these days Jay, they all seem to act the same.

We are getting there. A little more will power to wean ourselves from the dirty and put more resources into innovation. A lot of people make a lot of money on coal and oil so there is a lot of incentive to fight the move to free energy.

Well Monsanto is evil, but not all farmers agree. Nuclear power is scary, I worked at a nuke plant for ten years...they don't know what to do with the waste. And if the water level in the spent fuel pits get interrupted, you have BIG problems. It was cool to see the spent fuel glow purple though...under the water.

I have to agree, why would we listen to scientist on a whole bunch of subjects, but not climate change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJh1xtg28I

I gotta say, I'm more interested in the democratic race than the coming canadian elections, it would really change the world if the U.S would catch up on global politics. On the Bernie bandwagon!!!!!

Quite interesting, imo.

"Not enough people seem to have noticed that if wind and solar were uneconomic when oil was $100 a barrel, they are wildly uneconomic now. To try to force manufacturers off oil and gas at current prices is suicidal. To try to force developing countries off fossil fuels is positively immoral."

By Peter Foster, National Post August 21, 2015 – 12:57 pm ET

Back