GRCS saved our Butts

tntree

Just slice it
Short work thread
Helped a buddys crew out the other day. He had never used GRCS, brought along my little Gehl also.
Nice tall Ash over the Elm at the bottom of a hill. GRCraned it off the Ash, tied butts to the BMG bollard and pulled all the brush logs to the top of the hill.
Way back when B4 equipment we would poker chip that elm log up and caveman it up the hill on a dolly. Strong like bull, smart like tractor - we'd get er done.

Now we just cranked the chunkies into the air with the GRCS. The Gehl pulled them up to the landing. Not a whole lot of sweat expended :) except running the butt tag line up and down the hill, Piece of cake 8)

Is this supposed to go in the work thread?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCchp-2q_wE?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCchp-2q_wE?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Note a bucket style grapple would suck on this job :roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ahh the river is down there no way out ,
the gehl would not climb that incline,

Could of took some better pics and videos,
damm bust my chops :whine:
I'm not posting anymore you think I'm a moron :|:
:lol::lol:

yeah . . same one you ran . . . its for sale

P7230295.jpg

P7230297.jpg

P7230298.jpg

P7230302.jpg

P7240316.jpg

Could of took some better pics and videos,
damm bust my chops :whine:
I'm not posting anymore you think I'm a moron :|:
:lol::lol:

Hahahhaa...we're ALL morons...especially those that post. But that's OK, it just endears you all the more!;)

That was cool the way you floated that log.

I liked it Dave. Had to have a giggle when you ran over the bull rope with the Gehl. The TB boys would shame ya for that!!!!:lol: They were all up in arms when a ground stood on a climbers rope!

"I laughed when he drug the grapple over the stepping stones/walk way."
hey the homeowner did not see that !! :/:

the tag was an old piece of bull rope, sheesh get the the job done, who cares if you drive over it :roll:
those tb bitchers are the morons :evil:

Not bad for an old timer. So who was the poor guy cranking away on the GRCS? We bought one of the chuck keys for a 1/2" drill. Workd great when you need to crank in a mile of line. You need a good gas drill though.

whatchya asking for the loader Dave?

Nice rig. Coulda used one of these too. I just bought the Junior arch to move the wood around my yard.
IMG00510.jpg

Not bad for an old timer. So who was the poor guy cranking away on the GRCS? We bought one of the chuck keys for a 1/2" drill. Workd great when you need to crank in a mile of line. You need a good gas drill though.

whatchya asking for the loader Dave?

Just sold it to Jim Whelan today. 12.5 Green ones. 8)

Back