getting the Covid vaxx? a pole for members of the house

have you been or are you planning on getting vaxxed for covid-19?

• Total voters
Dan, you should rename this "Getting the Covid jab? A poll for members of the house"

I've had SARS/Covid already, so my immune system is good.

I'll get it when the microchip supports linux. Maybe sooner when I judge it's the least amount of hassle to do so. I'm not concerned either way.

Just finished up my two week period, post second shot of Pfizer. Yesterday we joined a group of 4 couples and 3 singles, all fully vaccinated, for our first largeish gathering in well over a year. Yes, I'm in.

I got the J&J variant a few weeks ago... a couple days after I got it I could rub where the injection was and feel a little tenderness... otherwise I had no symptoms. Getting the shot, including walking in and out, doing the paper work, etc, took less than 5 minutes.

I've photographed something like 5 pageants, 2 show choir shows, and 11 baseball games without wearing a mask... although to be fair I was never much of a mask wearer, around 28 baseball games before the vaccine, never a mask.

Have 2 friends that have had covid.....you don't want to experience it!

Best description was "I felt like a bucket of shit for 10 days", then zero energy for 2 weeks....

No thanks, I'll take the shot.

Ed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the J&J variant a few weeks ago... a couple days after I got it I could rub where the injection was and feel a little tenderness... otherwise I had no symptoms. Getting the shot, including walking in and out, doing the paper work, etc, took less than 5 minutes.

I've photographed something like 5 pageants, 2 show choir shows, and 11 baseball games without wearing a mask... although to be fair I was never much of a mask wearer, around 28 baseball games before the vaccine, never a mask.
Not surprising... You're bullet-proof.

@lumberjack

Did you gain it back? That's a huge symptom of blood cancers btw, which squarely falls in the do not want category. Unexplained weight loss is not a good sign at all for anything, it happened to me before my deal but i didn't think anything of it.

Thanks for the concern.

I was sick/explainable weight loss. I have largely kept that 10lb off, but that was on purpose. I could stand to lose another 30-40 without batting an eye.

Back