Electric Blowers?

vharrison

Island Girl
Anyone using them? We have an association all but demanding we use them. The ones John priced are very expensive when you factor in the batteries.

They use all battery stuff at the university here, everyone I've spoken to is happy with them.

My friend in Sydney where I stay sometimes has the Stihl mower & grass trimmer, they use the same battery and do a pretty good job. Battery lasts pretty well, bit expensive but no maintenance much and no fuel to worry about.

Last edited:
Dad has a little one for blowing the leaves out of the garage.

Sounds like a value added option to me. 🤑

Once you pay for the batteries, the stuff to run them in is fairly cheap.

Talking Stihl, here.

I went Ego brand for a battery tool.
Polesaw cost me $700aud for saw unit (2m) plus 1m extension and one 2.5ah battery and the charger. Its not orange but its sturdy and does exactly what I want. Plenty of options for other skins.
Stihl and husky were too long and heavier.

While the electric/battery powered units have come a long ways I’m gonna stick with the echo 2520 2-banger for leaf-blower action. Somehow the “enjoyment of operation” seems lacking a bit in the electric offerings

It'll be a cold day in hell when I get a blower. I don't think there's a tool who's sound I hate more; maybe a construction air compressor with a leaky hose... I see the point(barely) for commercial use in tree care or whatever, but I don't know where Homeowner Joe got the idea a blower is an essential piece of equipment. There was no such thing when I was a kid. Everything looked fine, and sun still came up every day. Just a pointless noise machine that moves stuff from here to there, cause there's somehow a lot better than here :^S

It kinda is. Spoils faster, and is uncustomizable. You get exactly one thickness. If you want something else, you're SOL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lxskllr, you may now join the grumps in Key West.

Stig, I agree, one of the best compliment we get is: Your guys left our yard better than it has ever looked. A blower sure does help accomplishing that.

I cannot remember or imagine a single person saying, thinking, or in anyway intimating that the second of a petrol blower is in any way ‘good’

So today’s a first I guess.

I cannot remember or imagine a single person saying, thinking, or in anyway intimating that the second of a petrol blower is in any way ‘good’

So today’s a first I guess.
Try running a modded one ... The echo 2520 responds well to a muffler mod ! You have to heat up the tip of a screw red hot and plunge into the black caps (on top is the L jet and on the side is your H jet) let cool for 30sec and remove the limiter caps . This gives you access to the L and H screws - Tune to 7800rpm and bask in the enjoyment (or at least I will ) :dance:

The Husky battery system is worth looking at. And similar to Milwaukee coming out with M18 tools that are vastly improved by brushless motors, Husky had a big jump in performance in their recent release of T540i batt saw. As they release that same technology in blower and polesaw etc I will buy it even though I already have their Husky predissesor (sp).

I too am in the I hate blowers camp...but I own one for the biz. Needed to blow the leaves and crap off the main street of the town I was trimming the trees in, just imagine if I left that job with stuff all over the road.
The hate come from mindless morons who think that every fallen leaf, flower, blade of cut grass must be exterminated from the 'garden' the drone of literally two hrs of a blower to render a property as speck free as the reception room of a mansion that is used twice a year Does My Head In.

The towns around Boston all had leaf blower bans. One day I asked my foreman if I should use a broom instead. He said, if anyone complains, just fire up the chipper wide open and keep blowing:evil:

What is the reason for the blower ban?

Noise pollution, its ok if just one person does a quick cleanup...but hrs and hrs of first one then another as crews move in and out, the residents dont get a break

Back