Echo 590

Nutball

TreeHouser
I don't use this size much, I prefer either a 90cc or a modified 50cc. It handles nice though. I've only put about 2 tanks through it cutting firewood earlier this year. I got it barely used with only around 1-3 tanks through it before I got it. I added the clutch cover spikes, slightly modified it, added a new piston ring and the 24" bar (solid milled, with replaceable oregon tip) and chain as seen in the pictures. I didn't get the original bar with it. It has good low end torque and a smooth power curve. I treat my stuff well, meticulously and carefully. I got the Archer bar just to try one out, it's not too bad, but I probably wouldn't get another.

I'm looking for $340 and shipping will depend on location.

DSC01627 (1280x779).jpg

DSC01629 (1280x960).jpg

DSC01630 (1280x960).jpg

DSC01631 (1151x1280).jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some shipping options were $100 such as USPS priority and UPS, but USPS ground was about $63, and FedEx was about $69. I take paypal. Muffler mod + 5-15lbs of compression (I never checked it before or after) and some port work.

Well done, both. Congrats, Stephen.

Me, never go there, to an Echo saw, most likely...stupid to be so committed to Stihl, I suppose. But I don't need saws to make a living any more, so I can afford to be stupid :D.

This will be my 4th 590.
I have been wanting the 620p, which is the pro version, but he has already outfitted the saw with the cover and dawg. Now, all that's left, is the 3/4 wrap i can buy local.
My first one Rob runs. He has about run it dead. I have not tested the compression, but you can tell by feel, it's about done. Runs, cuts. Not quite as fast as mine, but, amazing it still works IMO.
2nd one. Mike owns that one. He told me it was clear one day and I dropped a top right on it. Ordered a new one and enough parts to fix that one. Probably less than 100.00 in parts. Parts are cheap on Echo. I can buy a small block motor set up for about 1/2 the price of whole saw.
His ran strong till he had some CARB issues. Just needs a new CARB, and it would run fine again.
Mine runs awesome and has a new CARB.
Now I'll get this one, pass mine down to Rob and have back up parts from his old one.
Getting plenty of life out of them.
Stock, they are about like running a Husky 460. Just cheaper to run and fix. I have less service issues with them as well.
Will I rebuild my 044 and 440. Oh yeah. And my 036. But this is my goto for medium sized trees we get a lot of.

Yep, cheaper to buy, cheap parts, usually straight forward to work on. I was skeptical, but have become a fan of echo... as long as they are modified. A pro stihl or husqy is ok stock.

Only Echo I have any experience with is my pissant little string cutter/circular saw blade beastie. Older than the hills. Still runs strong, usually, but the carb is and always has been unstable. Won't hold jet positions, I guess. Runs fine, starts easy today...tomorrow is anyone's guess. Since I can adjust carbs, clean or replace filters, etc. and don't really mind doing so, it still has a place in my shed. But most folks would have kicked it to the curb ages ago :).

About like my general aversion to Ford products, based solely on a miserable example of a 1965 1/2 ton pickup I drove as a youngster back in the early '70s. Not really logical, I'll admit.

I never figured out how to remove a 455 carb, I just sold it as a parts saw. Then I had to look up the service manual to remove the carb on a 440 or 445 I fixed for my dad. The Echos are easy enough to figure out except getting the engine in and out of a 352 seems near impossible

I like saving up air bags and foam and double layer cardboard boxes. Sometimes it's a few years, but it's so handy to have when you need it and saves $50 in shipping supplies.

Back