DMM hitch climber pulley knot interference

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wher are you located?
Knowing that would make it easier for us to help out.
Southern Massachusetts I believe he mentioned in another thread.

I've got an old style weaver sliding d saddle you can have, and I'll trade a splice for a weekend of camping on farm once Corona calms down!

Sean's right, southern Mass, US of A. In rural enclave surrounded by Worcester to the north, Boston to the northeast, Providence to the southeast, and Hartford to the southwest. Sean that's an amazingly generous offer! I don't know if I'd feel right just taking a saddle off you without anything in return, PM maybe and we can work out a price? And yea, if/when we're allowed to travel again, you're welcome to come down... don't know if you want to tent it or trailer it, but either way. I love showing people the place... the house, the barn, the land is all pretty neat. The wife and I aren't too bad in the kitchen either.

I'm with Bermy. Of her list, my personal favorite is the Sequoia, but there is no slouch in any of them, and more than a few others beat your current ride big-time. Might also look at what New Tribe has on offer these days.

Thanks Burnham, I'll look around at new saddles too. Last time I looked, several years ago now, I thought New Tribe was more orientated to recreational climbing, but things maybe changed and I maybe wrong! I really appreciate all the advice!

I 'm happy in my Sequoia SRT...FWIW

Thanks Bermy, I'll definitely take a close look at it! I never ignore recommendations from seasoned pros. I'm sure with tree saddles, as with bike saddles, there's a big element of personal fit and preference depending on the the predominate type of climbing and work one does?

Newest version of the Sequoia looks excellent. The lower Ds look very well thought out, and if I’ll bet one could use any rope bridge they want with stopper knots.
Everything I read about them is rave reviews too.

At any rate, coming from a 4D to a floating D would be a game changer for you, Marc.

Yep, they have updated it again.
We got one for the apprentice, and I really like what they've done to it.

Newest version of the Sequoia looks excellent. The lower Ds look very well thought out, and if I’ll bet one could use any rope bridge they want with stopper knots.
Everything I read about them is rave reviews too.

At any rate, coming from a 4D to a floating D would be a game changer for you, Marc.

I love hearing that. I just got a call from my groundie last night he hooked a job to remove 4 large oaks. I think it's time for a new seat.

Sean's right, southern Mass, US of A. In rural enclave surrounded by Worcester to the north, Boston to the northeast, Providence to the southeast, and Hartford to the southwest. Sean that's an amazingly generous offer! I don't know if I'd feel right just taking a saddle off you without anything in return, PM maybe and we can work out a price? And yea, if/when we're allowed to travel again, you're welcome to come down... don't know if you want to tent it or trailer it, but either way. I love showing people the place... the house, the barn, the land is all pretty neat.
Used to live not far from you. Leicester.

Used to live not far from you. Leicester.

Small world! I'm in Dudley. Lived at the West Street fire station in Auburn for a few years while i was in school in Worcester. Half mile from Rochdale.

Back