Craigslist thread

True that.
It was a hit with homeowners around here for a while. Trouble is, you REALLY have to hit hard and committed with it to get it to work, and most of them didn't have the muscles for that.
So the popularity didn't last long.

That contraption was marketed under the trade name of "The Axe " . Didn't work worth a damn .Typical of some P T Barnum type trying to reinvent the wheel .

The latest thing to do in Oakland is post a good deal on a car on Craigslist,
Then when the buyer comes into the neighborhood with a few thousand dollars, they are promptly beaten up and robbed.

They say it's up to six times now.

I got my truck in Oakland off of eBay. Oakland can be a scary place. Alameda, a bridge or tunnel away is much nicer.

That was where the Enterprise rested, back in the day. I got most of my ink from a tattoo parlor there, Ricky's. Evidently he's still there, but it can't be the same old man that tattooed me over 30 years ago. He was + sixty back then.

We might assume the seller meant 'winch', but what if it is one of those new-fangled, Japanese-produced robots that look like, walk and talk just like a human...
perhaps the advertiser meant "electric wench"!
An electric wench named, Dezerae...

That is freaking awesome, Bill. We have to save that one for posterity. :lol:

Evil Robot Army (Orlando)
Date: 2011-01-12, 11:12AM EST
Reply to: gigs-3kpxx-2156506691@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Searching for creative engineers to help design, construct and wire a small army of evil robots hellbent on the destruction of the city.
Must have a creative brain. Must have electrical knowledge. Must like small dogs.

-- ------------------------------
Dog Powered Robot
Fringe 2011

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 2156506691

Back