Cherry tree help

TINYHULK

Treehouser
Hey tree fam! Sorry I have been so distant. My fathers health has took a turn for the worse and the cancer is winning. All of my mental emotional and physical energy have been drained between dealing with his business, my moms financial struggles, plus running this tree company for my boss. Nevertheless all of you are on my mind regularly and I’m still pursuing my arborist certification. A lady asked about her cherry tree today as a phc concern. I cut away a girdling root and while looking at the leaves I saw a super small little white bug (like 1/3 of an ant) crawling on a leaf. The leaves across the whole tree have small holes like a caterpillar is eating them but no caterpillars present. There are those small “larvae?” bulbs on the leaves and some of the leaves have yellowed and fallen off the tree. She said this is the first year she didn’t have large beautiful leaves on the tree and was concerned for it. Looks like some type of infestation but I have yet to learn about bacterial/infestations on trees so I’m hoping some of y’all can tell me what this is and how to treat it. Thank you all!
Edit: also I pruned this tree last year! No large cuts, everything seems to be healing up well and no new dead wood (there was a decent bit last year)

Attachments

• IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1799.jpeg
    IMG_1799.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It could be an aphid for sure. What would be a good home remedy spray she could apply to the tree? Was just reading on the farmers almanac about it but there were many ways and didn’t seem to favor one technique over another

Sorry to hear about your father. Hope you all have good supportive people to talk to through it, and he's getting good care.

Thank you all! Dad has been fighting stage 4 colon cancer for almost 5 years now. As this year began, he became anemic and a couple months ago he fell out in the bedroom unable to breathe. I carried him into the living room and they took him in the hospital. Been hospitalized since, fluid developed in his head and right lung. They can’t do anything about the fluid in his head because he wouldn’t survive the surgery. They pull 300ml of fluid off his right lung every other day and recently they started pulling blood from there aswell. He doesn’t want a blood transfusion so the blood levels just keep declining and they aren’t administering chemo anymore. So we’re just enjoying the time we have with him while he is still around.

We’re a Christian family and he is a strong man of faith. He doesn’t fear death but doesn’t want to leave his family. He is so drugged up he doesn’t feel pain often. Right when my divorce was finalizing was when my dad got sick so being a personal trainer I came home to help care for him. I was going to buy a house this last year and I felt God telling me not to and I didn’t feel at peace about it. Then he got really sick and the economy is struggling so it’s good that I’m home to be able to pay for dads bills and supplement moms income so she can be with him every day.

Back