Carlton 7015TRX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Remote control too. It sure looked like the Morbark you have to demo is going to suck to run without a swing out operator station.

That seems like an odd relationship for you.... Why Toro? What types products do they offer the you don't already sell?

Get a move on with that Toro relationship I am in the market for two mowers. A 54" and 32-48" zero turn type.

Oh God no! Way too many mow guys down here, all Chicago money. I need one for my place and my mom wants one as well.

I may be interested in their mini skids/grinders with their new big boy coming out. I'll still sell Boxer for Dave, just diversity!

Remote control too. It sure looked like the Morbark you have to demo is going to suck to run without a swing out operator station.
Tried out Morbark and Bandit today..... Not real impressed with either. The Bandit really did seem to be lacking power.... But besides that, it was a nice machine. Morbark was all out of adjustment so it didn't grind well at all. And it was super shallow. I hope we didnt made a bad choice by selling our Vermeer.....

I may be interested in their mini skids/grinders with their new big boy coming out. I'll still sell Boxer for Dave, just diversity!

What is your game plan to remain fair to all brands of mini that you sell? Honest question. Naturally, many will want you to guide them to the right brand to buy. At that point, you'll likely have a preference overall. Or do you just take it one sale at a time based on the exact situation and try and leave your preference at the door?

By the way, Kevin is excited to receive the mini you sold him. I'm glad it worked out. He and I partner 1-3 days a week. We combine companies on many jobs and have done so for years. My mini has made him some great money and I knew he would have one before too long.

What is your game plan to remain fair to all brands of mini that you sell? Honest question. Naturally, many will want you to guide them to the right brand to buy. At that point, you'll likely have a preference overall. Or do you just take it one sale at a time based on the exact situation and try and leave your preference at the door?

By the way, Kevin is excited to receive the mini you sold him. I'm glad it worked out. He and I partner 1-3 days a week. We combine companies on many jobs and have done so for years. My mini has made him some great money and I knew he would have one before too long.

My preferences guide my recommendation based on what they tell me is important to their situation. If you want tires, that'd be Toro. If you want max lift height, that'd be Boxer. If you're wanting to run hp heavy attachments, that's Boxer. Lowest price is king? We can see who wins there. Not sure what you want, but 36" doesn't matter? Check out Avant, which can also lift higher and drive faster than any mini while not scuffing the grass.

I spend a good bit of time with each customer weighing the options based on what they tell me is important to them, just like my tree customers. Having options is the name of the game.

Kevin should get his mini Monday according to the tracking on it! Hopefully it serves him well!

To each his own. I had a new Carlton 35 hp self propelled. Essentially junk. It was overbuilt in the wrong places and wore out quickly. It creeped heavily when grinding, Carlton told me there is no way around that. Just one man's experience, but you know how it is, when you get a dud, no way are you going to try another machine from the same company.

Rayco rules, in my book.

At the expo, I was chatting with a morbark stump grinder rep, it's what he does exclusively. Asked him if he saw anything from other manufacturers that he thought was good. He said the RG100 looked excellent. I thought that was a good endorsement, considering the source and considering my experience with Rayco.

My little one creeped too. Either had to chock the wheels or drive the post in. But it was well built

We have not tried a Carlton yet. Honestly I don't know if I've ever even seen a Carlton grinder in real life. There is zero Carlton presence around here. I have been in contact with Alexander Equipment to set up a demo. They are in Illinois but definitely willing to run a machine up here. It's the 35 hp model.... :eek:

Back