Beg for numbers thread.

Magnus

TreeHouser
We chainsaw nerds on chainsawcollectors.se try to make lists to easier keep order in the parts pile.
Cylinder numbers/cast markings is one thing we compile in a list.
It would help very much if we could get a pic of number or number when you have your saws apart.
This is all brands, models and regardless of year.

Serial number is something we also keep in lists, that is super helpful and combined with a post in our models library a huge source of info for us and future collectors.
This is also all brands, models and regardless of year.

Models library is a huge continuous work were we post saws we have/own preferably with serial number and a short description of saw.
This is a huge help for many in their work when they try to learn more about a model, models serie or brand.
So we try to add all saws we can to library. New, old is just as fine, regardless of brand or maker.

If you could help with this it would be great.

Anytime I have to order a part for a say, I screenshot the part number(s) for future reference. Almost any part, for that matter. Parts for the Gehl or Boxer as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Magnus, that is a fantastic idea!!
Yes it is. It is a huge help for us collecting saws.
Especially for us with historic interest. Lots of work doing this, but its well worth it.
This is the first step toward confiscation... mark my words! :/:
I am not sure I understand this.
Anytime I have to order a part for a say, I screenshot the part number(s) for future reference. Almost any part, for that matter. Parts for the Gehl or Boxer as well.
Yes, this is a good thing to do. But cylinders are often marked with manufacturers numbers, not partnumber as there often is more than one manufacturer and no part numbers looking in parts list does not help much.
Especially if saw is 50 years old or more. Parts has been unavailable the past 40 years anyway..

The serial number list is a great tool to help learn and understand brands and models better.
What models was made when, were and by who in some cases is one thing you can learn.
Were they were sold at what time is another and what versions there was..
There is so many things you can learn from these lists.
Even more if there is pics of saw with number.

I started a MS200/MS200T thread. If you like to add your saws that would be great.
Serial number, model and version if possible.
If you like to add your saws to models library with number thats even better.
Library:
Also the 024/026 MS240/MS260 list is currently growing.
List: Chainsaw Collectors.se - Login - http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=354&t=31887
Library: Stihl 026 - Chainsaw Collectors.se - http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14902

I am not sure what you are asking. If it will bring a lot of £€$, I am not sure.
It depends of the interest of the buyer and were you try sell it.
I am not good at selling saws or buying...

To me its more important they have a good home and will be taken care of in future.

If you want to dell it list it were collectors see it, chainsawcollectors.se and ask for offers.
If you get a offer you like you sell, if not you keep it. Pretty simple.

Echo painted and branded as John Deere often bring higher prices as the interest is higher, more look for them.
Tractor collectors look for them too and there is more of them than chainsaw collectors.

Models Library: Echo CS-302, CS-302S - Chainsaw Collectors.se - http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=11996#p11996

Shot a pic of your saws numbers we add them to the lists. Or write numbers, that work too..

We continue with Stihls, but my focus will shift over to 2000 series Jonsered saws again later this coming week.

Started a list for Husqvarna 545, 550, 550II, 560, 562, 555.
Is there any of them in use here?

Last edited:
Back