Before and after

Not completely unlike me to misinterpret and overreact.

So sorry for getting my back up over nothing, it was uncalled for.

Not completely unlike me to be a wise ass ;)

here are some more, before and after, then in full leaf. Of course it goes without saying that these are extreme circumstances, I don't prune every tree like this!

Attachments

• Hayes before 1.JPG
    Hayes before 1.JPG
    836.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Hayes after 1.JPG
    Hayes after 1.JPG
    632.3 KB · Views: 8
  • hayes 2.JPG
    hayes 2.JPG
    806.6 KB · Views: 6
Alot of people cut weeping willows back severely around here. I have two in my yard that were cut back by the previous owner to 5/6' stumps and they're beautiful trees now probably close to 40' again. You can kind of see them in the background of my chevy. they're growing up from a lower level or grade so are actually quite abit taller than the pic looks. Not the best pic.

That was what I was trying to say imo hard pruning like in your pics is better than the alternative, of complete removal. Of course it's not ideal for the tree but depending on the situation/targets trees liking weeping willow are known around here for growing really big and shedding limbs and respond quite well to either hard pruning or pollarding.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 43
You're late to the party Carl, I've already been an ass and apologized. Don't make me do it again.:D

heres my siberian elm i pruned back hard about 4 years ago

Attachments

• incoming 020-1.jpg
    incoming 020-1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 51
  • incoming 019-1.jpg
    incoming 019-1.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 50
  • incoming 018-1.jpg
    incoming 018-1.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 51
  • incoming 017-1.jpg
    incoming 017-1.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 50
Is that a cobra cable I see? I installed 3 of them today, great stuff!

PRuning looks effective, nice to have those after pics. When you are 90 and retiring you can look back on success.

? With an open crack, what is the purpose of dynamic over static?

siberian elm tends to decay fairly quick. decided to go non invasive for that reason. i did take some more weight off 2 years later as the cables were taut after leaf drop

Nice work Andrey. How do you keep everything so even? Do you have a ground guy that works as a spotter to view it from a distance?

Back