Bandit 65XL chipper

That's a serious morbidity, not surprizing that he isn't happy. But it's likely to be repairable.
What diameter is the broken axle?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2" dia
~5000hrs
Have tried to phone Bandit in Michigan (because the sole Ontario dealer is a basket case) to get a price on a new disc/shaft assembly but cant get through. Likely cost prohibitive.

Maybe a machinist can turn a new shaft. After cutting the remain of the old one, a little prep and he welds it back to the disk.
There's a vid about this exact subject, made by an australian (I think) for a big ass wood chipper. No idea about the cost. I 'll try to find it back.

I found it. It isn't exactly the same as it's a drum and the shaft isn't welded on it. But here you go (for the machines lovers) :

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a very good machine shop I'll check out next week.
The chipper certainly owes me nothing, but the 35 hp Hatz diesel on it still runs nice, so it would be nice to resurrect it.

Sometimes they have partial machines in chipper/equipment bone yards. Saw one 1250 once just missing a motor when i was considering buying a salvaged chute for mine. Thought hard on it. But I repaired my chute and moved on. But not a bad plan to have a back up platform I could just drop a motor in. Wish I could remember the site. Seems to me I just found it when I googled used chipper parts for my model.

Back