Archeology

That site has more click bait than I care to click. It's all interesting. Keep scrolling and more just keep coming up. far reaching into all realms.

The images are nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't really notice any clickbait, I just stayed with the article, but yeah, click bait is trash

It was good. Loved the images and the writing.

Maybe it's my browser, because every paragraph in the article is broken up by a bunch of ads longer than the article itself. Makes it difficult to read and appreciate the content.

Other than that it was alright. and looks like there could be more good things in the future. Thanks for sharing, Cory

I guess the thing I find so fascinating about archaeology is, let's say mankind had not made such astounding, seemingly magical progress in the last few hundred years, it would still be fascinating to see how our ancestors lived 5k, 50k, 500k years ago.

But given that modern life is so radically different in so many ways compared to life a thousand and more years ago, it makes the study of ancient human life even more fascinating in that how we survived back then and how it led to us getting where we are today.

Things like the iPhone, steel, glass, rubber, food production/distribution, electricity, the ICE, pavement, they all blow my mind even though they are a bedrock part of everyday life.

Lol, this is probably why anybody likes archaeology, but just saying.

What I found so interesting about being in London and Paris is how old the buildings were. The architecture was beautiful but what struck me was that they were so old, old and still standing strong. I can only speak to the structures I see, but they are crap compared to London and Paris. Like disposable crap, not built to last centuries. That’s a shame.

Scientists, with their big azz machines, determine the daily life and times of a mastodon 17k y ago, in present day Alaska. It died at age 28 of starvation

That was pretty interesting. They made it sound relatively easy, but I bet it was long tedious work getting the data sorted and interpreted.

Maybe I'm too dumb to understand exactly what they're saying, but didn't everything come from space? I don't find it unusual at all that precursors to life were found on an asteroid. That asteroid came from the same place earth did. That stuff's all over the place.

"I don't find it unusual at all that precursors to life were found on an asteroid. That asteroid came from the same place earth did. That stuff's all over the place."

Thank you. That's my feelings, too. The scientists were saying the same thing in the 60s when I was in school. All theory, of course. Intuitively, I also believe life abounds throughout the universe.

Yea, the scroll is a basic form. I thought it looked like early Celtic art. Really though, it probably looks like all early art.

I was recently reading an article on the fall of Malta's civilization, and it included this graphic...

direct-resize-w2000-url-http-static-nautil-us-16248-3d654477886f32043cd4b7094789e930.jpg

The pendant predates the lower bounds of the graphic by about the same amount the graphic lower bounds predates us. That's a long friggin' time ago.

It sure is.

I was recently reading an article on the fall of Malta's civilization, and it included this graphic...

direct-resize-w2000-url-http-static-nautil-us-16248-3d654477886f32043cd4b7094789e930.jpg

The pendant predates the lower bounds of the graphic by about the same amount the graphic lower bounds predates us. That's a long friggin' time ago.
I wonder how they figure the wall of Jericho being that old?

Back