Anyone need a prentice log loader?

Thanks for thinking of me, but we are all set right now. I sold a grapple truck this spring and we are sitting good with the two we have currently.

Prentice loaders are great. While I prefer the Rotobec for the speed and touchier controls, the Prentice is a strong loader.

My log guy’s loader is a Prentice, not sure if the model, and I watch him load a 20’ x 50” sugar maple log like it was dead basswood. I thought for sure it needed a cut.

What model is this unit?

My log guy’s loader is a Prentice, not sure if the model, and I watch him load a 20’ x 50” sugar maple log like it was dead basswood. I thought for sure it needed a cut.

What model is this unit?
That sounds like an over 10klb log. I can't seem to easily google Prentice Mfg's website to look at their models. I know Serco and others make larger than the standard 8klb class loader.

I know my first Rotobec was stronger than my current Rotobec. I also know the first Roto broke cylinder mounts, grapples, and cracked the main boom's mount during my time and the next owner's time with it.... thinking its pressure relief was optimized towards "getting it done."

1728840713211-jpeg.142016

Attachments

• 1728840713211.jpeg
    1728840713211.jpeg
    932.8 KB · Views: 20
Anyone else getting “server error” when trying to upload pics?
Yep. @Brandon

"Oops! We ran into some problems."

And through the attach files button:
"RuntimeException: Unable to copy file /tmp/phpTrDBNm to internal-data://attachments/131/131564-272c6bcf68b97580b51af9a8ef20ea33.data in src/XF/Util/File.php at line 213
  1. XF\Util\File::copyFileToAbstractedPath() in src/XF/Service/Attachment/Preparer.php at line 78
  2. XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertDataFromFile() in src/XF/Service/Attachment/Preparer.php at line 38
  3. XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertAttachment() in src/XF/Attachment/Manipulator.php at line 199
  4. XF\Attachment\Manipulator->insertAttachmentFromUpload() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.phpat line 91
  5. XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionUpload() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  11. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20"

Ok, looks like I just got lucky on the couple pics I posted. I just tried it again to narrow down when it happens, and got an error on my desktop.

Back