Anyone Here Have Days Without Pain?

Let's not wake the ugly arthritis demon :).

That bastard really is worming it's way into my hands.

Just the other day I picked up a large glass salad bowl from the counter, one hand gripping the lip of the bowl. Crippling pain from my right thumb. Thankfully I was able to land it gently enough on the counter to avoid dropping or breaking it.

Sunnofabitch.

I broke my tibia (a full tibia plateau) in a nasty ski accident back in 2018, The knee has never properly healed, so I've got pain every time I go down stairs. Other than that, I've got a mostly wonderful wife, a teenage son and a preteen daughter, so I can always add mental anguish to the pain list...

Bowen therapy and reflexology, thera band exercises for the shoulders, heat, carb reduction in the diet helps with the aches and pains...I greatly miss ocean swimming and a half hr lie on the sand in the sun from the days in the tropics

I like most tree guys have boughts of pain with lower back, however as crazy as it is I am mainly pain free. A chiropractor once asked me to list all the injuries I had sustained. I cant even begin to list them I told her. I guess my biggest problem from all my knocks is my reduced brain function, cant remember chit. I have been knocked unconscious so many times. I have fallen out of trees twice, first time suffered dislocated hip, torn bicept and fingers burnt to the bone from holding a rope. Was out for about 10 minutes that time. Second fall I broke 3 vertibrae 4 ribs prolapsed rectum out for about 5 mins. Used to race motorcycles so crashed a bunch. Worst crash I high sided at 70 and did 7 cartwheels and could hear my neck cracking. One cracked vertibrea broken ankle. I raced road and mountain bikes for years , many crashes but only road rash from them mainly. Been knocked out multiple times in fights. But as I say the crazy part is Im still fully physically functional and pain free.

Must have been a good person in a former life ! Another thing is I have always tried to eat a good diet and exercise regularly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woke up this morning with my back trashed. I think one of my problems might be my bed. I might pull out my old futon. Fabric stuffed, no foam, so it's like laying on a padded rock. I always liked that bed.

My ex-gf had back pain for years. Spent loads of money on therapies, then bought a new mattress, and got off a futon. Way improved, quickly.

PC, that is definetly an amazing track record.

Good on ya.

Maybe scientists should study ya ;)

I agree on the bed thing being important. I have an Inomax air bed with a 2" memory foam topper with an Ooler cooler on top. The Ooler has a grid of water tubes just below the surface that are cooled by a small compressor deal. I love it as I had always got night sweats and woke up a bunch. I dont sweat now and seem to sleep way better.
Mick the last fight I got in was at a gas station. I was pumping diesel into my 110 gallon transfer tank and a dump truck driver started blowing his load ass air horn as I was checking the oil in my engine. Took me a bit to realize he was honking at me. He shouted move that friggin' truck or Im going to kick you ass. I told him come on dude. He hoped at very quickly then gave me the glove tap, at that point I realized he was a fighter. He knocked me down 3 times, I got him once. Turns out he goes by the Hulk in MMA fighting. Wasnt a big dude but fast and a lot younger than I.

Couldnt have been that guy, with all due respect, he woulda vaporized PC. Plus he's not from usa.

So, lol, if there was a glove tap, did you hug it out afterwards, was he like 'check your oil all day long mate, we good now' :rockhard:

Hopping out of your truck and threatening someone could get you legally shot. He’s a trained fighter...picking a fight in public.

And discharging a firearm next to a petrol pump displays Zoolander level smarts I guess.

Just checked apparently it’s unlikely to ignite.

Last edited:
Back