Anybody Eating Any Turkey Today??

Dinner at girlfriend’s parents house. Her brother always make tur-duck-en or however it’s spelled. A chicken stuffed into a duck stuffed into a turkey, all de-boned. Stuffing in the chicken I think. It’s pretty good, I don’t eat duck often so it’s a treat.

I think Saturday I’m getting together with my dad and bros and doing it again.

I really ain’t too crazy about any of the foods at Thanksgiving, kinda boring food. Except dessert, that part is awesome :)

Hope y’all have a happy Thanksgiving!

My sister and BIL were supposed to bring ribs to my mom's and I made NE clam chowder. But they probably can't make it up here with road closures from the storm we are having. So mom is making a pork loin.
Then Friday, a more traditional dinner at some friends, Turkey. But I am bringing some baby back ribs I made for appetizers. And maybe some left over chowder. Made 2 gallons.
Then Saturday, a traditional Turkey at our place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd be happy with a YUGE bowl of stuffing and gravy, along with a nice buttery biscuit to move things along!

Going to a local(ish) restaurant with my mother. Food's not bad, but the building is cool. Built in 1794. I think it was purpose built as an inn. I'll get whatever they make for thanksgiving, but I'm not crazy about thanksgiving food either. Once a year is pretty good schedule.

header.jpg

I'm in charge of making the stuffing and the cranberry sauce. For the stuffing, I mix traditional cubes with cornbread. Add-ins are hot Italian sausage, diced apples, onions and celery, mushrooms, regular and golden raisins, and chopped pecans. It's pretty good.

edit: Apparently, I'm also grilling the turkey breasts and drumsticks.

Last edited:
Going to have dinner with the kid, and her mom and BF, Grandma and aunt who are in town, and a couple friends.

I'm bringing pecan pie, vanilla and some other ice cream.

Power has been out for a day due to wind...back on now in time for Sis to get dinner made so it'll be just her and I for a small fairly trad. dinner late this afternoon.

I ain't eating no turkey.
But then that wasn't a surprise to any of you, was it?

:lol:
Thanksgiving is the one american holiday that we haven't imported.

Yet!

Got a 20 pounder on my smoker grill right now! House full of friends are due in a couple of hours, just about the time the bird should be done :).

Well, due to people not able to get out in the new snow we got last night, tonight's friendship Thanksgiving dinner event is postponed till the 'morrow. So a small bird tonight with the fixings here. Rib and chowder appetizers tomorrow with the group. Mom made a pork loin yesterday. Lots of goodies, and my chowder. Nice evening. But my sister could not make it, so they stayed in So. Cal. And mom coached them over facetime how to cook her ribs they wanted her to make. They were originally bringing the raw product to mom to learn. Oh well. Still being a nice holiday week by the woodstove.
Save for my son cracking the stove door glass (I think the wife helped, as she made excuses for him :/: ) . New glass ordered and on its way.
About to go out and shovel and brush snow here soon to make an errand run. Glad I don't have to bbq in the snow current... :lol:

It's a nice day, and I'd like to do tree work, but don't want to drive to it. Worked a couple hours this morning, and I'm now sitting by the fire eating nuts, and drinking whisky.

I have a crack in my glass too. My fault. I either did it by kicking a piece of wood in, or it was thermal shock from putting in cold wood. Did it last year I think. I'm not worried about it. Just another character mark...

I might make vegan turkey cutlets. I have two left. Maybe shepherds pie. Haven't decided yet, but I'm kinda hungry.

No, I work alone. (in the kitchen anyways) I kick everybody out while I am cooking I can't stand people in my way just milling about while I am working. I can't even delegate tasks I get so focused on what I am doing I'll just do it all.

Help with the sides, appetizers, bread, and salad here, makes things easier for sure. Plus everyone gets in on the action of "Yummy, thanks!!...could I get that recipe?"

Fair share of red wine, seasonal microbrew, rum eggnogs, and then after the meal good scotch or bourbon poured neat over ice for sips and stories around the woodstove fairly deep into the night. We had a good time here :).

Back