aloc repairs, dilemmas

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
Ok , so we all know i bought a sweet aloc, and i was having a blast with it.
I rebuilt the pto, (the dealer did but it went out again) so i had it done, and it had a cracked shaft, my guy fixed it and its now a non issue, i paid for it myself.
so i noticed some issues with the hoses not laying right , and then the boom wasnt quite leveling right, then the weird screech sound and a lil wobbling at the turn table.

So i took it to Altec and did the 8 hour inspection.

They found the hoses were routed improperly and were being damaged, also the improper routing damaged the leveling system, but it is adjustable, although the unit needs to be rehosed.

Turntable bearing is a fuzz away from being toast, and needs to be replaced,

and the dealer painted the boom with the truck, well they didnt gel coat the boom, and with all the old scuffs in it they say it needs to be stripped down and gel coated.

and the lower lock valve is leaking and needs replacement

total repairs is over 11 thousand dollars, when its done it will be fresh and pass its certs
currently not operable...well it is if you want to risk it.

so i called the dealer and tore into the sales guy...he says he will talk to the owner and we will talk monday.......

what would you all do.....i was thinking 1/2 qnd 1/2 or i get the turntable, they get the rest.........keep in mind ive had it about 6 months...and its a "reconditioned unit" with both certs supposedly current..

whats fair here guys

and mb feel free to move it to elders if you think it would be better there.

looking forward to your thoughts

If you can prove they were not truthful when they claimed it had current certs then I would hold them accountable to that. Might require lawyering up. But realize you're dealing with scum and their word is not to be trusted. Every time they say "If you do this then we will do that", know they are lying. Document everything.

If they said the certs are current then there should be documentation? At the very least there should be a sticker in the cab with a cert date.

If they are in the habit of falsifying certifications, then of course they will give you the runaround. You aren't the first one looking for resolutions and if they are still in business then they have obviously been successful in putting off people in your situation. With the problems you described then it sounds pretty major. The longer I think about it, the more I think you need to lawyer up if you expect to get anything out of them other than more grief. I think the best you could hope for would be a buyback.

I could not agree more Skwerl with it having been purchased certified or reconditioned for that matter.
I hope its resolved in a satisfiing manner though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I,m asking for is what's fair wish the only lender I could work with would have worked with ite trucks instead, but I'm trying to make the best of the situation I,ll tell y,all what they say on Monday

I'm with Brian, if they don't start sending info and records immediately I would talk to an attorney.Do you have record of hours from when you bought it? Seems that the 6 months is all they can claim. "he must have over loaded it" or somesuch. $11k in 6 months, I would be looking for them to cover it all. Whoever was the certifying company must have some liability and liability insurance in this too.

the co owner says that after he talked to altec,
he will give me 3 thousand dollars because the booms rotation gear is still within tolerances, but altec says it will only last about 6 months
he's basically paying for the hoses, because they arent serviceable now
im at a total loss for words and what to do other than just get my truck fixed and get busy with it once again

3g, take it. Does the boom actually need to be re-sufraced at this point or can that maybe wait a bit? Re-hose, up here I'd have to do it myself anyways or drive my truck about 5hrs to the nearest dealer. 3g buys alot of hoses.

Within spec is hard to fight I would think. I'm with squishy, take the money and gel coat it yourself

thats about where im at, and its at an authorized service center, i know its spendy, but it will be done correctly and will be like new, gel coat next year

thanks for the input, i fear lawyering up and fighting will just be more $ and time without the boom

thattreeguy said:
i fear lawyering up and fighting will just be more $ and time without the boom

Agreed. Good luck with it. A correctly running ALC is work of art, imo. Runs smoothly and reliably. Very durable.

Back